ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

email received from home office delay with application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Re: email received from home office delay with application

Post by moona18 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:49 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:21 pm
moona18 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:04 pm
Hello All,

I've received the below email from the home office. My son's application is under discretion of the home secretary 3(1), as he was adopted by us in France and we live here too. I know it's not the standard type of application but should i start worrying or is this email sent to most people who have had complex cases but eventually got an approval?

Thanks. Moona

Here is the email:

Dear Parent,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your child’s case, unfortunately it appears your child’s application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your child’s application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your child’s case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration
If they need additional documentation they will ask for it. It is a stressful time, you can ask if there is a specific issue that they are trying to address but it may well take them a while to respond. I wonder what MP you may want to write to as you live abroad - maybe the one for your last British postcode?
Thank you for your help contorted_svy, i really appreciate it. hopefully i hear something in the next couple of months, if not, then i'll see which MP might be able to help

mn1applicationmexico
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by mn1applicationmexico » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:11 am

Hi,
I have a similar application to yours and applied from abroad for my daughter, and I had to send all the documents by post. How were you advised about the biometrics appointment? I haven't had any acknowledgment of them receiving the documents (but I tracked that they were delivered).

Thank you! Hope your application is progressing!

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:31 pm

mn1applicationmexico wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:11 am
Hi,
I have a similar application to yours and applied from abroad for my daughter, and I had to send all the documents by post. How were you advised about the biometrics appointment? I haven't had any acknowledgment of them receiving the documents (but I tracked that they were delivered).

Thank you! Hope your application is progressing!
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just seen your message.

All our documents got there on the 6th of june and I received an email on the 13th of september for the biometric enrollement appointment. So, yes, you should receive an email on the address you used for the registration application. I never received a confirmation they'd received my documents either.

Thank you. We're still waiting as I received an email saying there's a delay but after making some enquiries on this forum, it seems like a standard email when they have backlogs. The standard is 6 months to get an answer but from another person I've spoken to, who didn't have any issues with the application, it took 8 months.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate.
All the best with your application

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Application successful

Post by moona18 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:59 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to update you to let you know my son's application was approved and we've received the certificate through the post.

Thank you so much for all your help and advice.

Moona

moona18
Newly Registered
France

application successful

Post by moona18 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to update you to let you know my son's application was approved and we received the certificate through the post on Friday. Thank you so much for all your help and advice.

Also, when I first started looking into applying (quite a few years ago but I never got round to applying until last year), I used the UKCEN forum website for advice but that site closed down a little while back. So if any of the people who were on there are now here, I would also like to thank you for all the information you gave me and answered all my queries. Thank you so much

Best wishes,
Moona
Last edited by moona18 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm

Congratulation to your son - it worked out finally, and now for the passport!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

moona18
Newly Registered
France

Post by moona18 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm
Congratulation to your son - it worked out finally, and now for the passport!
Thank you so much, yes, finally! I need to renew my expired passport :| , which I'm not looking forward to as I've never done it from France but I'll get that done before attempting his passport. He has his French nationality, so it's not a priority for us to get a uk passport though, maybe if he ever decides he wants to live or study in the UK in the future. At least the biggest hurdle is over.

Thank you once again