ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time gap - ILR from Global talent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DKV
India

Time gap - ILR from Global talent visa

Post by DKV » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Asking for a friend.

My friend was granted global talent visa on 05/March/2021 but he didn't travel until 21/May/2021, approximately 2.5months after the visa was granted.

His travel plans were delayed due to covid as he was hospitalised for 3 weeks and recovery.

His current global talent visa runs out on 5th of March 2024 but he cannot apply for ilr as he hasn't completed 3 years under GTV.

What can he do in this situation to cover the 2.5month period in order to apply ilr?

PS - His endorsement is no longer valid as the organisation has withdrawn the approval.

Thanks,

DKV

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Time gap - ILR from Global talent visa

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:56 pm

The gap does not matter as ILR is based on 3 years of visa validity, so the qualifying period counts from the first visa approval. However, his problem is that the endorsement has been pulled, so he cannot get ILR at all as he will fail the requirements under the rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DKV
India

Re: Time gap - ILR from Global talent visa

Post by DKV » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Thank you Zimba, helpful as always.