ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saad64
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa Extension

Post by Saad64 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 pm

Hello
I came to the UK in March 2019 on a Skilled worker visa, and have now applied for an ILR. I got married and my wife joined me in the UK in Feb 2022. Her visa expires at the same time as mine i-e March 2024. I wanted to apply for her extension before the increase on the 6th of February.

My ILR application has already been submitted (awaiting biometrics), I have applied for wife skilled worker visa dependent extension rather than ILR dependent as based on my understanding applying as ILR dependent would reset her clock, please can someone confirm if thats correct to do? I have included my application UAN number where it asked for it.

I have a few questions regarding the application.

1 - Is there any specific time period before which you can't apply for an extension? i-e wife Visa expired in March so am i okay to submit the extension application now?

2 - When filling out the application it asked about medical treatments received in the UK. My wife had multiple phone consultations with GP in past two years and some in-person appointments as well. All of them were for normal medical issues like Fever, muscle pain etc nothing serious. The form asks to provide the dates of each treatment, I am not sure how we can get exact months for each GP appointment, and do we really them? Even on NHS app i can only see appointments given in last 6 months or so.

3 - My wife got pregnant in 2023 so i have included that in form where it ask for medical treatments. I have included start and end date as start and end of pregnancy i assume that's fine?

4 - Regarding the immigration health surcharge , it asked about my (i-e) husband's visa expiry date, which is obviously used to calculate how long the visa hence the immigration surcharge would be. It says if the my (husband) visa in the process then can put in expected visa expiry date here. However as far i understand ILR has no expiry so what date do you i put here?

5 - Lastly, i was playing around with IHS dates and put Dec 2024 randomly to see how much IHS it shows , it showed for one year as expected however i am unable to change it now, even if i try to open the link again. Is there anyway to change it now? or do i need to fill in a new application now.