ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of a child student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parent of a child student visa

Post by areng2023 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:35 am

Hi

I have two questions about the required documents for Parent of a Child student visa
According to the guidance:
-the applicant should prove that they maintain their main home outside the UK
-they should prove that they intend to stay with the child student in the UK during the study period

the above requirements are very vague and unclear. Anyone applied for this visa could help me what evidence can we use to meet the above?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Parent of a child student visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:17 am

areng2023 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:35 am
the above requirements are very vague and unclear.
They are not vague and unclear, they are left open to allow for people in different situations to be eligible. It is helpful, not unhelpful. The evidence that you personally show will depend on your personal situation.
areng2023 wrote:
-the applicant should prove that they maintain their main home outside the UK
If you own and normally live in your home and plan to return to it after being in the UK, you can show evidence of that. If you rent your home, you probably cannot show something like that.
areng2023 wrote:
-they should prove that they intend to stay with the child student in the UK during the study period
If you have already organised housing for you and your child in the UK, you can show evidence of that for the second part. If you have arranged leave of absence from work to be with your child in the UK, you can show that.

The whole point is that everyone's situation will differ. It would not be reasonable or sensible to have a list of required documents that everyone regardless of nationality, residence or situation should show.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

areng2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by areng2023 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:23 am

Thanks.

About part one the fact that I live with my partner and he owns the property should be fine? I also have title deeds in my name and working in a company that is happy to give me a leave for the duration of the visit.

Also you said that if I live normally in my home country and plan to return I can show the relevant evidence. My main question is what are those evidence?

I also have funds and shares in my home country showing that I have a stable financial situation there.

About part 2, I cannot rent a place in the UK before receiving the visa (due to the right to rent rules). So, how can I show it?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:29 am

areng2023 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:23 am
Also you said that if I live normally in my home country and plan to return I can show the relevant evidence. My main question is what are those evidence?

About part 2, I cannot rent a place in the UK before receiving the visa (due to the right to rent rules). So, how can I show it?
Again, these are my examples in an effort to explain the requirement. They are not required documents.

Given your clear anxiety, I recommend speaking to your child's school and asking for a referral for advice on the application. I expect there will be other pupils' parents accompanying their child on this visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.