ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MMST Workflow email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

MMST Workflow email

Post by MuhammadM86 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:12 pm

Received this email today as I approach 6 months next week from my bio metrics appointment, I presume this is a standard template email.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstances of each application.

The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.

I appreciate that Gov.uk website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:

"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".

As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

These enquiries have taken longer than anticipated in regard to your application, and we are sorry for the delay. We aim to make a decision on your application as soon as possible.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: MMST Workflow email

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:20 pm

They're letting you know they won't meet their internal processing time of six months. Sorry you will have to wait longer for your outcome.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

babar301
Newly Registered

Post by babar301 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:00 pm

Hello,

I have received the same email exactly same time as you around 25 mins ago, I have applied naturalisation on 8th August 2023. I have criminal conviction also so I suppose that could be the reason. Anyone on here same situation as me?

Thanks

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:29 pm

babar301 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:00 pm
Hello,

I have received the same email exactly same time as you around 25 mins ago, I have applied naturalisation on 8th August 2023. I have criminal conviction also so I suppose that could be the reason. Anyone on here same situation as me?

Thanks
Same time I applied and same issue, I have convictions. What are yours and when did they happen if you don’t mind sharing?

babar301
Newly Registered

Post by babar301 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:30 pm

One conviction in 2013 , six months prison sentence for business related offence, how about you?

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:35 pm

One too, in 2016 20 months.
We can only wait and see, I trust in your matter the 6 months must be okay now, it has been 10 years.

babar301
Newly Registered

Post by babar301 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:29 am

Salaam brother, please check the new rules they are changed from 1st Aug 2023 , they don't consider length of time now which was previously 7 years 10 years and 20 years. This time rules are more harsher, you can check yourself or I'll try to post a link here.

babar301
Newly Registered

Post by babar301 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:33 am

It is a pdf document, just search good character requirement and there is a pdf document from homeoffice website from 31st July 2023

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:47 am

The updated requirement for good character have been discussed frequently on this forum as of late https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... racter.pdf I trust OP has reviewed and made a solid case in their application as they have participated in a few of these threads.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:47 am

Yes aware of the above and as rightly said I have made a solid case. I surrender and leave it with HO for their consideration now!