ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-5 year route query/IHS Validity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiney

FLR-5 year route query/IHS Validity

Post by shiney » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:56 pm

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. I just have some new queries while renewing my wife and kids FLR M visa.

Here are the key dates.
So got ILR based on 10 year ICT route -- 29 March 2021
Applied for FLR-Family route Application for wife and kid --07 June 2021
Received successful confirmation email for FLR (M) --29 July 2021
BRP Validity --22 Feb 2024

1. So we applied for FLR FP for 5 year route, so my understanding at that time was that we will have to renew twice.. firstly for 3 year and second time for 2 years. Is this understanding correct ?

2. We got the BRP date incorrect on my sons visa , so there was a communication email to bring both of the application dates in sync and also there was a query for them on why they didnt give us 3 years visa in the first go. However this message was somewhere lost in translation and they synced the dates to 22 Feb 2024. So my question here is when will they be qualified for residence ? Will it be based on my ILR dates their application date or confirmation date ?

3. Is there a way we can find IHS validity online (as i remember paying 3 years IHS) ?

4. What extension should we be applying now ? FLR-FP again or FLR-M on which it was given ? Will i have to apply it for 2 years or 3 years here ?.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,
Shiney

meself2
Ireland

Re: FLR-5 year route query/IHS Validity

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:58 pm

shiney wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:56 pm
we applied for FLR FP for 5 year route,
FLR (FP) is 10 year route.
Which route did you apply for?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:01 pm

shiney wrote:
1. So we applied for FLR FP for 5 year route, so my understanding at that time was that we will have to renew twice.. firstly for 3 year and second time for 2 years. Is this understanding correct ?
To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong), the first visa will be for 2 years and nine months and the second for 2 years and six months.

The IHS will be for three years and 2.5 years, as IHS is calculated in blocks of six months or part thereof.
shiney wrote:
2. We got the BRP date incorrect on my sons visa , so there was a communication email to bring both of the application dates in sync and also there was a query for them on why they didnt give us 3 years visa in the first go. However this message was somewhere lost in translation and they synced the dates to 22 Feb 2024. So my question here is when will they be qualified for residence ? Will it be based on my ILR dates their application date or confirmation date ?
What previous visas have they held?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

shiney

Post by shiney » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:59 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply

3 years back we were told to apply for the family route hence i remember we applied via FLR family route ....based on the application it seems it was FP but i can be wrong as it not shown on the application ....it just says Family route......but the email received clearly says FLR M.

So the history is that my wife was with me here from Oct 2010 , however she had to go back in Feb 2014 to Sep 2017 as her mom was detected of cancer. From 2017(when kid was born) she is with me. The previous visa they were on was PBS Dependant leave to enter visa which we update to FLR (on 21 Jun 2017) as mentioned above since the cycle was reset after i got ILR.

Kind Regards,
Shiney