ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for EUTR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Help Reunification family betwenEU citizen with non-EU

Post by Zainab20 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi i hope if you can help me in this case , i'am spanish i live and work in ireland , im married , my husband is morrocan , i want him joing me in ireland . I ask about how much does it take ? what are the steps and the documents we sould take it ? i hope anyone have some experience with same case to help me , thanks you πŸ™πŸ»

meself2
Ireland

Re: Help Reunification family betwenEU citizen with non-EU

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:01 pm

It might take a while (some wait more than a year); your husband would have to get an Irish visa and apply via EUTR1 when he's in Ireland.

Read this https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... -national/ and this https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... ty-rights/ to get a better understanding, come back with questions if you have any.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:19 am

Zainab20 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:41 pm
Hi i hope if you can help me in this case , i'am spanish i live and work in ireland , im married , my husband is morrocan , i want him joing me in ireland . I ask about how much does it take ? what are the steps and the documents we sould take it ? i hope anyone have some experience with same case to help me , thanks you πŸ™πŸ»
Adding to the above advise, the visa can take from 1 month to 1 year depending on the country you are applying from and how long you have been living in Ireland.

For the visa you just need your marriage certificate, your I.D and proof you are already in or on your way to Ireland. Best you add your payslips to make her application straightforward and fast.

After the visa, on arrival at the Irish airport your spouse has to inform the immigration officer he is here on EU treaty rights. They will stamp her passport with 3 months and remarks 'for residence- EUTR".

After entry since you are already working in Ireland for sometime it will be easy. You and your spouse need to fill out the EUTR1. With the EUTR1 form your employer also needs to endorse your employment form. Add with your application;
*2 recent payslips
*Utility bill in your name or rent lease
*best you add your bank statement they will ask this during your final assessment.
*Your marriage certificate apostiled if not from EU
*Copy of your I.D and spouse passport in colour

If you can provide all these documents your spouse will receive a temporary stamp 4 letter in about 6 weeks to register her permission at the Garda for an IRP. This stamp is mostly valid for 6-1 year.

In about 6-7months EUTR will contact you again for a decision or request for 2 of the above documents. After you provide they will issue your spouse a stamp 4 EUfam 5 years permission letter.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 am

Make sure you your husband applies for the EUTR in Ireland before his 3 months stay expires

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:54 pm

Thank you, Angel, for all this very useful information πŸ™πŸ» I hope that the response to the visa file will not be delayed more than 6 months, especially since my husband has 3 previous Schengen visas. Do you think this thing will play a positive role in accelerating the processing of his file?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:00 pm

Ireland is not even in Schengen, so unlikely.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:04 pm

I know ireland is not even in shengen but i I wonder if his previous visas could enhance his file

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:24 am

Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:54 pm
Thank you, Angel, for all this very useful information πŸ™πŸ» I hope that the response to the visa file will not be delayed more than 6 months, especially since my husband has 3 previous Schengen visas. Do you think this thing will play a positive role in accelerating the processing of his file?
Yes his schengen visas will help. It gives your spouse a good travel history. If his schengen visas were issued under family reasons (to visit you), it will be a huge plus for him.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:40 pm

When he arrives in Ireland, does he apply for a European or Irish residence card? As you know, the European card allows him to travel with me in Europe, unlike the Irish card, right?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:54 pm

Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:40 pm
When he arrives in Ireland, does he apply for a European or Irish residence card? As you know, the European card allows him to travel with me in Europe, unlike the Irish card, right?
Yes to both.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:19 pm

How can he apply to both at the same time? And how long is the waiting time? Explain to me, please

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 pm

Not to both cards - yes to both of your questions (it is a card based on EU treaty rights and it allows you to travel together in most of EU countries).
Waiting time may vary, from a few months to over a year.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:04 pm

Oh, I see, if he chooses to apply for the European Card, will it grant him the same rights regarding work and movement freely to and from Ireland?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:38 am

Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:04 pm
Oh, I see, if he chooses to apply for the European Card, will it grant him the same rights regarding work and movement freely to and from Ireland?
There's no "European" card - all residence permits in this case are given by Irish authorities.

He should apply for a residence permit by EU Treaty Rights (unless, of course, he wants to find another way to stay in Ireland, not through relationship). This residence card bears "Stamp 4EUFam" as stamp name, which shows it's given to him in accordance to Treaty Rights and gives him a bit more freedom in traveling around EU with you.
But it's still an Irish card, given by Ireland. And yes, he can travel within Ireland on any type of Irish residence permit.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:57 am

meself2 wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:38 am
There's no "European" card - all residence permits in this case are given by Irish authorities.

He should apply for a residence permit by EU Treaty Rights (unless, of course, he wants to find another way to stay in Ireland, not through relationship). This residence card bears "Stamp 4EUFam" as stamp name, which shows it's given to him in accordance to Treaty Rights and gives him a bit more freedom in traveling around EU with you.
But it's still an Irish card, given by Ireland. And yes, he can travel within Ireland on any type of Irish residence permit.
Indeed the residence card under EU law is not called residence permit or Irish card. Its called Residence card-European Union or EU residence card. The Irish one is still on the standard IRP because they do not have separate cards but they endorse on the back Residence card. In most countries they have separate cards for national law and EU law.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:20 am

Yes he is considered indirectly as an EU citizen. He has same rights in Ireland as an Irish or EU citizen after he has the Residence Card. Without the card he can travel with you in any EU country unlimited. There is no 90 days in 180 days limit however same as an EU citizen you have up to 3 months extendable to 6 months to complete his residence. Some EU countries can allow him to work even without the card.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:07 am

Thank you all for these clarificationsπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

About visa ireland spouse EA

Post by Zainab20 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 am

Hello, yesterday I received an answer approving an Ireland visa to join EA spouse , but I did not understand the part that I can travel between 02/01/2024 and 05/01/2024, noting that I had specified the travel date in the application as 23/04/2024. When I arrive there, I will apply for residency. I thought that the travel validity period starts from the specified travel date, right?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: About visa ireland spouse EA

Post by Angel99 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:52 am

Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 am
Hello, yesterday I received an answer approving an Ireland visa to join EA spouse , but I did not understand the part that I can travel between 02/01/2024 and 05/01/2024, noting that I had specified the travel date in the application as 23/04/2024. When I arrive there, I will apply for residency. I thought that the travel validity period starts from the specified travel date, right?
Hi,
Check the visa sticker well. I don't think they will issue you this type of visa with such short period and since you also specified the travel date. I believe you meant in February?.

Enquire from the visa office in Dublin or embassy in your country. It could be a mistake.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:56 am

Sorry , i mean 01/02/2024 to 01/05/2024 , My question is will the duration change in airport when I travel in 23/04/2024 ?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:42 pm

Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:56 am
Sorry , i mean 01/02/2024 to 01/05/2024 , My question is will the duration change in airport when I travel in 23/04/2024 ?
They simply mean you have to use the visa within this period.

After you arrive at the airport, the Immigration Officer will give you another 3 months landing stamp on your passport with EUTR reference on it ( Some give less which is against the law). You will then use this to apply for your actual residency.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:36 pm

Thanks you very much πŸ™πŸ»

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:40 pm

Hii , Excuse me i have another question , when i read in irishimmigration website about the documents he need my husband when he arrive at aiport , i saw copie of application lettre from Avats but doesn't have this copie , Will he have a problem with the immigration officer? Thanks ,

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:10 am

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:40 pm
Hii , Excuse me i have another question , when i read in irishimmigration website about the documents he need my husband when he arrive at aiport , i saw copie of application lettre from Avats but doesn't have this copie , Will he have a problem with the immigration officer? Thanks ,
There's no need for a copy of the application form he applied with.

*Just his passport with visa is enough for entry.

But having his marriage certificate around will be good because some of the Irish immigration officers at the airport behave anyhow to some nationalities.

Certified copy of the marriage certificate if he is not having the original, apostiled if not issued by an EU country, and translated into english language.

And a photocopy of your Spanish ID card or passport.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zainab20 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Thanks you very much πŸ™πŸ»