ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration for child born outside uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

MN1 registration for child born outside uk

Post by sruthigl » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:45 pm

Hi
I hope you can help with MN1 registration for my newborn child born outside UK. Child’s father attained British Citizhenship by Naturalisation after being on Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa + ILR. Child’s mother is still on ILR and gave birth to the child outside UK. I’m looking to bring my child to the UK along with her mother. I understand the child is eligible for British passport by applying MN1 registration. While trying to fill the MN1 registration online form, I’m confused which option to select in the attached screenshot. Image please can someone guide me on this.
edd0b7cf-e6c5-43db-80b5-4b54a080e267.jpeg
edd0b7cf-e6c5-43db-80b5-4b54a080e267.jpeg (83.54 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

Second question is regarding the form , is the online form the correct application for MN1 or do I need to use the postal application form? Please advise.

Many thanks!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: MN1 registration for child born outside uk

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:52 pm

Correct option. Online form is ok.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:29 pm

If the child was born AFTER you became british then the child is automatically britiah by descent. Apply for a british passport directly ot certificate or entitlment to right of abode on foreign passport which is quicker but more expensive.

No need for MN1 registration!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:10 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:52 pm
Correct option. Online form is ok.
Sorry which is the correct option? The last one?

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:29 pm
If the child was born AFTER you became british then the child is automatically britiah by descent. Apply for a british passport directly ot certificate or entitlment to right of abode on foreign passport which is quicker but more expensive.

No need for MN1 registration!!
Hi CR001
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Before the birth of child, my application for Naturalisation/British citizenship was successful and got invite to naturalisation ceremony. I attended the citizenship ceremony only after the birth and got my British passport. Does that mean the child is is British by descent? Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:42 pm

Does that mean the child is is British by descent?
No.

You can't apply to register the child as British.

You need to apply for the child's visa to come to the UK, which will likely be Indefinite Leave to Enter.

Once the child is in the UK, then you can register the child as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.