ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Cancelled… Lies…. ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sleepless1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Cancelled… Lies…. ILR

Post by Sleepless1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:22 pm

I really hope someone can help… been sleepless for few days now! I will keep it short and to the point.

I’m UK citizen married women from Tunisia on 19 April 2023 in Tunisia.

Her and son arrived in UK on the 5 June 2023. Find out she been engaged many times and does a runner week before marriage. Went I confronted her with evidence she packed her bags and did a runner.

Home office cancelled her spouse visa and 90 days to leave Uk. She goes to women’s aid and finds refuge and a week later police at my door or domestic abuse and cohesive behaviour. Abuse was I apparently threw a set of car keys at her which hit her chest. Even the police officer interviewing me has a grin. No evidence to prove anything.

I have proof she lied on her visa application about the child’s father location being unknown for last 5 years. I have images they were on family vacation 4 months before the visa application (she brought child to Uk without fathers consent), she’s wanted in Tunsia for stealing gold, and plenty of other proof this marriage was a scam.

She’s applying for ILR and has expressed she wants half of everything despite marriage lasting on 9 months 6/7 months in the Uk.

I’ve send 40 page document to HO with chat logs, proof she’s wanted in Tunisia, proof she was engaged when she marriage me, proof father was infact present in child’s life, pics, bank statements of her spending habits etc

What are her chances of renaming in the UK and will she be entitled to my house, assets etc? I am of high net worth. She contributed zero penny.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Spouse Visa Cancelled… Lies…. ILR

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:34 pm

The spouse visa has been cancelled so from an immigration point of view you are finished with her.
No one can tell you if she will get ILR based on the allegations of abuse. A single event claim even with the police being involved is not going meet the threshold for domestic abuse to be considered for ILR.
But unless there is further police involvement you will not be made of her case.

As for assets and financials - you need to talk to a family lawyer.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Spouse Visa Cancelled… Lies…. ILR

Post by THO » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:33 pm

In reality, her chances of getting anything from you are zero, I assume she has no money to get a solicitor and there is no legal aid for divorce cases, plus she will be out of the country soon anyway, so how can she take you to court? If she is not allowed to legally be in the country, she can't possibly stay to take you to court. It takes years, especially since Covid and the backlogs of cases. A good solicitor can delay things for years.

Even if she did get you to court, she would not get half. The courts are not stupid. The house is in your name, she has made no contribution towards upkeep or mortgage etc.

And if they award her anything at all, simply don't pay. Then she will need to take you to court again, and she won't have the finances to do that, especially after the first case. In the UK, as with many countries, it costs a lot in legal fees to even bring a court case.

Agree to pay her bucket class ticket on a budget airline home, and threaten to take her to court for deception, fraud, misrepresentation etc etc if she tries to fight it. Her money will run out, and her ability to take you to court will vanish.

Your biggest problem IMHO, is how you will get a divorce from her. I think you may be able to have the courts annul the marriage after a certain period apart, but then I am not totally sure of if that is correct or if so, how long to wait. I can't see that you would be forced to remain married to someone if you don't want to, but they won't agree to it.

Anyway, good news is, you should be able to get good legal advice. Keep us informed of your progress as it might well help others here, as your story has been told before.