ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Renewal (with ILR) - fees and timescales

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anon1876
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP Renewal (with ILR) - fees and timescales

Post by Anon1876 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:02 pm

My husband has ILR and his BRP card is due to expire this month.
He submitted the BRP RC application in December and had his biometrics appointment.
At no point was a fee charged either for the biometrics or for the application.

Is this correct? Worried that he may have completed the wrong form.

Also does anyone have any recent experience of how long their application has taken? It seems to be a complete lottery based on what I have read!

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Renewal (with ILR) - fees and timescales

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:02 pm

As far as I know, there is £19 fee for the replacement BRP unless unless you are switching from a paper document to a BRP. How did he apply to replace his card ? BRP replacement can take up to 6 months.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anon1876
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anon1876 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:19 pm

Thanks for coming back to me.
That’s what we keep reading online but there seems to be such a mix of information.

He applied through the online application form - the BRP (RC) one. He already has a BRP card but it is reaching the end of its 10 years and is about to expire. So it’s just a replacement of the same card again.
The biometric appt didn’t charge him either.

Yes I’ve seen it’s up to 6 months - I just wondered if anyone had recent experience of how long it has been taking to process

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:12 pm

Online application
09/01/2024

Biometrics
23/01/2024
Peterborough

I still can see my application on UKVCAS as well as on gov website on last step which giving me options to book appointment.

vivekabraham
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vivekabraham » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:31 pm

Hi!

We're in a similar position to yours. We applied for our daughter's ILR BRP replacement (BRP RC) back in December and still waiting to hear back on the update.

Is there any way we can contact the UKVCAS by phone to know the expected timelines ? I know it can take upto 6 months but just wondering if there is any chance to expedite the timelines to get it sooner.

Regards,
Vivek

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:10 am

vivekabraham wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:31 pm
Hi!

We're in a similar position to yours. We applied for our daughter's ILR BRP replacement (BRP RC) back in December and still waiting to hear back on the update.

Is there any way we can contact the UKVCAS by phone to know the expected timelines ? I know it can take upto 6 months but just wondering if there is any chance to expedite the timelines to get it sooner.

Regards,
Vivek
No, you cannot expedite it and UKVI will not provide any updates. Please wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vivekabraham
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vivekabraham » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:21 am

Okay, Thank you!

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:39 pm

Hi,
There is no fee being charged for ILR BRP renewal now(though I was charged 75.20 GBP in 2022). Wife applied for it in Dec'23, submitted the biometrics on 11th Dec at London Mark Lane, Sopra Steria, 20 Mark Lane London. Was not charged a penny and we did not opt for any additional services from UKVACS nor did she go for a premium appointment.

Received the decision via e-mail on 30th Jan afternoon that "Your application for a replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been successful." and got the BRP card delivered by Royal mail on 1st Feb'24. She was also sent some e-mails in between that BRP card will be delivered via Royal mail with tracking details etc. It's not a signed for delivery, was put through the letterbox.

So over all it took less than 8 weeks, I got mine in less than 6 weeks in 2022. If you have a straightforward application and have submitted all documents asked for, give it about 8 weeks, you should get it. You can contact home office 03007906268, Option 2, Monday to Thursday 9 am to 4:45 pm(until 4:30 on Fri) but I won't recommend contacting them unless you have to travel for an emergency.

She did call them, as she has a business travel coming up(old BRP expiring on 18-Feb-2024), and they advised not to travel if there was a possibility of the current BRP card expiring before return to the UK. For emergencies they will ask for proof regarding the emergency(medial only) but no guarantee that this will speed things up. The whole process is extremely opaque with no means of tracking whatsoever unfortunately. You still need your BRP for travelling out of the UK(and coming back) or when applying for say Schengen visa or any other country visa. No option of using the share code in their visa applications as they ask for Visa number and Expiry date in their forms.

The letter that came with the BRP card had the following message:
"The Home Office is developing a border and immigration system which will be digital by default. The ambition is to phase out physical documents before the end of 2024 as we move towards a system of online evidence of immigration status (eVisas). UKVI will update their information on the future of BRPs in early 2024.
We are introducing an aligned BRP and National Insurance Number (NINo) process, on a phased basis, for migrants aged 16 or over.
This currently applies to migrants who have been granted leave in any Tier 2/Skilled Worker category or as a refugee. In such cases, your NINo will appear in the remarks on the reverse of your BRP, so there is no need for you or your employer to make a separate application to the Department for Work and Pensions to obtain one"

Hope this helps and good luck.