ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of H1B Refusal on UK Tier 1 Process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Impact of H1B Refusal on UK Tier 1 Process

Post by sureshjawaji » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 am

Hi,

2008 ealry i had appeared for H1B visa interview and my visa officer has kept some of my documents with him for verification purpose and i was told that they will get in touch with me after words.

Since there were some false document exists provided my consultant regarding my professional experience so never thought attending interview again. But constantly getting emails from them for the conclusion of interview.

Till now my case still pending at them.Now I am applying for UK tier 1 visa application form ,there is a place where we have to mention the status of past visa refusal . Will I write my h1b as rejected or else can I ignore this field since my interview is not yet completed.

Since i don't have cover letter regarding refual matter what can i tell them the reason for it.

Or

i have to provide the above information only if there is a request from BHC ?

Anybody has gone through such a stage please suggests and guide me!!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 pm

(1) you should consider yourself lucky if US VISA office does not file a criminal case against you for furnishing forged documents - Consultants would not provide any false dox without you approving of it. Anyways we are not discussing right or wrongs here.

(2) Technically the H1B VISA has not been denied to you (as the process has not completed as yet). I am not sure if you can withdraw your application for H1B - if so, do that and put "withdrew application for H1B" in the relevant box in Tier-1 application form.

(3) You can not avoid disclosing this info in your application as your Passport would definitely show that you did submit an application to US VISA office. If you do not disclose that, BHC/HO will reject your application for furnishing wrong information

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Post by sureshjawaji » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate for taking your time out and replying my question.

At the moment it would be a big process for me with drew my application. I will intiate this process very soon.

And more over there is nothing written by US embassy on my passport then how wld VFS UK will get to know about it??

Thanks,
Suresh

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:07 pm

sureshjawaji wrote:Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate for taking your time out and replying my question.

At the moment it would be a big process for me with drew my application. I will intiate this process very soon.

And more over there is nothing written by US embassy on my passport then how wld VFS UK will get to know about it??

Thanks,
Suresh
Not sure about US but in most of the cases - many European Countries and UK whenever a VISA is declined they put a stamp in the Passport saying- VISA applied/ VISA application submitted.

Additionally as this might have implications for you when it comes to renewal/ILR etc. it is always considered best to disclose all the information truthfully. If you do not do so and some information comes to light later on, this would be construed as concealment of facts.

regards,
push_HSMP

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Post by sureshjawaji » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:30 pm

AS I already booked the appointment with VFS would be fine if attend interview by specifying "Process of Withdrewing" in my application. And would VFS wants any document to be submiitted to support this?

Any idea what kind I effect it may cause on PBS tier 1 because of this issue??

Thanks.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:44 pm

sureshjawaji wrote:AS I already booked the appointment with VFS would be fine if attend interview by specifying "Process of Withdrewing" in my application. And would VFS wants any document to be submiitted to support this?

Any idea what kind I effect it may cause on PBS tier 1 because of this issue??

Thanks.
That doesnt make sense
because either you have withdrawn or you haven't
Nor has it been refused so you cant say that either
not that you know since you won't go back to the followup interview

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:17 pm

I was denied H1B and given 221G. I had approached them about 4 times and they had stamped 221g or application received in the last page. About 16 months later they themselves sent a letter asking me to confirm whether my offer of employment exists with the employer. Isnt that funny. I withdrew my application as the employer had recruited a local to complete the project.

Now comming to your point, I had disclosed to the BHC that i was denied H1B and the issuance of 221G. I have got the tier-1. So nothing to worry about.

Tks.

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Post by sureshjawaji » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help. It would really help me in my processing.

What is 221g and did u get it in your passport?

If H1B is rejected do we get any thing in our passport?

In my case I don't have any proof to show VFS and how would they believe with just my statement?

What needs to be provided in cae of H!B rejection to VFS!!!

Your reply deffinately helps me how should i proceed!!!!

Thanks,

ctr
Newly Registered

Post by ctr » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Yeah even my h1 was rejected because of the employer...i have 221g letter stating that...and i mentioend abt my h1 visa rejection and gave the 221g letter with the uk visa application...

I applied on dec 5 and got uk visa on dec 24th.

i would advise u to disclose information without twisting facts. no need to worry mate...good luck.

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:32 am

Well, 221G represents that for the moment the visa is denied and additional documents is requested either from employer or the petition holder.

Did they give you any paper or acknowledgement. I was given everytime a light blue sheet asking additional information in the form of check boxes on the sheet highlighting requirments.

Check your passport. Else you could send a copy of the petition to them nand dislcose you were denied as clarification were pending from the INS or employer. I feel it is better to disclose and they will appreciate that you were forthright in disclosing an not hiding facts.

Rest its up to you.