ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa fee waiver

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marleyjane
Newly Registered
United States of America

Spouse visa fee waiver

Post by marleyjane » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:07 pm

Hi all

I am helping my friend out with her spouse visa application to bring her husband over to the uk. She is a British citizen and married her Turkish husband in october. Is there any way they are able to get the visa fee waived? They need to submit their application before the financial requirements goes up this April so haven’t got enough time to save up for it.

TIA

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Spouse visa fee waiver

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:23 pm

I don’t think fee waiver is available.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fee-waiver-in-uk
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Re: Spouse visa fee waiver

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:05 pm

marleyjane wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:07 pm
Is there any way they are able to get the visa fee waived?
No.

Fee waiver is only available for applicants who are already in the UK and asking them to leave the UK would violate their ECHR rights. If they are not in the UK, that does not apply.

Also keep in mind that any such fee waiver, even if applied for at a subsequent application, will move the applicant to the 10 year ILR pathway.

Also see this post.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.