ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What about Cambridge College....

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bex12

What about Cambridge College....

Post by bex12 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,

My friend had studied in Cambridge College of Learning. He got his PGDBM certificate in June 2008 after that he got his PSW on the same in September 2008 and it is valid till Sept. 2010.

Now what would be his situation:

1. Does his Visa stand cancelled?
2. How can he prove that he is not fake, as college is gone? (As a student you do not have any other prove except your certificates).
3. He plans to change his Visa category next year to General. Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks

dildarya
Newly Registered

Post by dildarya » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:51 pm

Hello
Copied from another thread for you

I was going through PSW Guidance and found something about the institutions where you can study. I have copied the exact wordings below. (Point 57, Page13)

"Where the institution studied at is removed from one of the relevant lists, any award completed after this date will not be eligible for an award of points and the evidence will be discounted".

This clearly shows that if you have obtained your degree from an institution which is a recognized or listed body and after the issuance of your degree is removed from list even then your degree will remain valid. So there should be no problem for you guys IF you have obtained your degree before your colleges were removed from the list.
Hope it will help and give a bit of relaxation to you guys.
Enjoy until your PSW ends
Best Of Luck}

bex12

Date of removal

Post by bex12 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Does anyone know what date Cambridge College of London was removed from the DIUS list?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:52 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:19 am

i think it was been removed on 11th of december