ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel in Tier 2 Curtailment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

relive2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travel in Tier 2 Curtailment

Post by relive2024 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:41 pm

Hi, My employer has withdrawn my tier 2 visa and I was told that I have 60 days to find the sponsor.
I still have 56 days and my question is - Can I go to India for 15 days and come back to UK with an employment letter for a new employer? Will I be granted entry into UK?
Can someone please help me with this question ?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Travel in Tier 2 Curtailment

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm

relive2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:41 pm
and I was told that I have 60 days to find the sponsor.
By whom?

Your employer cannot curtail your visa on his own - UKVI must do that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

relive2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by relive2024 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 pm

Yes it must be done by UKVI. My employer has withdrawn the visa on 31st Jan, 2024. I haven’t received the letter yet and I’m planning to travel to India and want to come back for a potential job offer. Will I be given entry?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:27 pm

relive2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 pm
Yes it must be done by UKVI. My employer has withdrawn the visa on 31st Jan, 2024. I haven’t received the letter yet and I’m planning to travel to India and want to come back for a potential job offer. Will I be given entry?
Curtailment letters take a while to get sent out. It is not instant.

Please think carefully before you travel as you risk being refused entry. If your sponsorship has been withdrawn and you leave the UK, it is almost certain that your visa is cancelled instantly and no curtailment letter will be received. Members have reported this happening. UKVI will know you have left the UK and that you are no longer sponsored. Is the risk worth it for 15 days travel??

I would strongly suggest that you get a new visa before you travel out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:54 pm

You essentially self curtail if you leave the U.K. after your COS is cancelled. Once the withdrawal is placed on the system it shows on the Border Force entry point when they scan your passport. At the point of entry they can issue with a 60 days cancellation or if they are minded an instant cancellation and you head back on the next flight.
Usually they issue the 60 days letter as there is no appeal.

chatgpt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chatgpt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:23 pm

relive2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 pm
Have you received the curtailment letter or still waiting for it?