ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

e-vetting, when do we receive the email?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

takupfr
Newly Registered
France

e-vetting, when do we receive the email?

Post by takupfr » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:42 pm

Hi everyone, I am an EU citizen and I applied for Irish citizenship online on 18/01/2024.

I just have a quick question about what is the next step for me.

Am I right in saying that I am just waiting for an email to come through for eVetting?

If so, when is that supposed to happen?

Sorry about this, this is probably a stupid question.

Regards,

Mathias.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: e-vetting, when do we receive the email?

Post by Vadrar » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:00 am

You should have got, or will get, an automated email with a reference number. At some point (3 months or so) you may - or may not- get another email saying your application has started processing. As I say you may or may not get the second email, it isn’t clear this is done for everyone but it won’t affect your application if you don’t get it.

The next step is likely evetting. You could wait up to 2 years for this, that would be entirely normal. Or it may come within 6 months. No-one can predict it, and the timeline for other applications means nothing for yours- they vary wildly for no good reason.

Processing time (to decision) is still given as 19 months. Invitation to ceremony and receipt of certificate can be another 6 or 9 months beyond that. Or it could be just two months- it’s totally erratic.

You could get a request for additional documents at any point. Evetting does not mean your application has been reviewed for sufficient documents. Additional docs requests can add 6 months on to common processing times.

All that said, we are hoping that improvements to the processing will see quicker processing times than above, but we haven’t seen it yet. The department is still dealing with backlog including applications from 2021. Any process improvements will be stifled until they’ve sufficiently caught up and they process at least as many in a year as they receive. At the moment they are still processing fewer than they receive but there is hope that will change this year.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:05 am

Wondering anyone who applied after first 4 months got it yet? Imm

Skybuddy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Skybuddy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:10 am

It’s been 4 months for me, and I haven’t received any eVetting email yet. I was wondering about the same thing as I haven’t seen any timeline updates regarding the eVetting. Hopefully, they are getting ready for a big batch of emails…

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:15 pm

Vetting mail received today. Check inbox