ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does VDP and VDC from AIB statement can be recignized as POS transactions?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Danini___
Ireland

Does VDP and VDC from AIB statement can be recignized as POS transactions?

Post by Danini___ » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:56 pm

Hi,

I have looked my bank statement from AIB and i saw VDP and VDC there: VDP is a Point of Sale transaction using your Visa Debit card, VDC is visa debit contactless. Are they both recognized as POS transation?

Thank you!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Does VDP and VDC from AIB statement can be recignized as POS transactions?

Post by Vadrar » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 pm

Yes

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:38 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 pm
Yes
Thank you Vadrar, I really appreciate your help!

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:22 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

I checked my AIB bank statement again, and i noticed all the payments i made during holidays in other EU countries were also marked as VDP. If they want to use bank statement as a proof of staying in Ireland, how do they distinguish these payments?

Besides the bank statements, i have P60 for all these years, but after reading your essay I decide to keep multiple proof for A and B just in case they get tightened in the future again. I really appreciate your time and detailed explanation.

Thank you
Dani

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm

Danini___ wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:22 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

I checked my AIB bank statement again, and i noticed all the payments i made during holidays in other EU countries were also marked as VDP. If they want to use bank statement as a proof of staying in Ireland, how do they distinguish these payments?

Besides the bank statements, i have P60 for all these years, but after reading your essay I decide to keep multiple proof for A and B just in case they get tightened in the future again. I really appreciate your time and detailed explanation.

Thank you
Dani
You don’t have to distinguish them. They look for known Irish retailers to check for minimum transactions per month, and check total statements to see that total number of transactions look normal for a resident in Ireland.

If you are away for more than 70 days and need to declare absences you’ll need to ensure dates match your statements for foreign retailer transactions.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:20 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

Thank you
Dani
You don’t have to distinguish them. They look for known Irish retailers to check for minimum transactions per month, and check total statements to see that total number of transactions look normal for a resident in Ireland.

If you are away for more than 70 days and need to declare absences you’ll need to ensure dates match your statements for foreign retailer transactions.
Can i confirm if the 70 days rule apply for the year 1-4? As i only find recorded documents about the 70 days rule on 5th year and after application.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:08 am

Danini___ wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:20 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

Thank you
Dani

Can i confirm if the 70 days rule apply for the year 1-4? As i only find recorded documents about the 70 days rule on 5th year and after application.
Depends what you mean by 70 day rule. You get 70 days absence allowance in every 365 day period and can still count it as a fully reckonable 365 day residency. Absences of 71 days + in years 1 to 4 need to be made up in their entirety before you start 5 year to meet minimum residency (ie 70 day grace period disappears entirely if you use more than 70 days.)

Absences over 70 days in final 365 can lead to application rejection.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:26 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:08 am
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

Thank you
Dani

Depends what you mean by 70 day rule. You get 70 days absence allowance in every 365 day period and can still count it as a fully reckonable 365 day residency. Absences of 71 days + in years 1 to 4 need to be made up in their entirety before you start 5 year to meet minimum residency (ie 70 day grace period disappears entirely if you use more than 70 days.)

understood, thanks for explaining it!

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:08 am
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Danini___ wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yes
Hi Vadrar,

Thank you
Dani

Hi Vadrar,
May i double confirm with you that the 365 day period is '365 days with continuous valid stamp'? For example, my first stamp 1 started from 6th Nov 2018 and ended on 11st Sep 2019. It took me too month to get an appointment and renewed my stamp 1 on 5th Nov 2019, due to covid that stamp lasted until 1st Dec 2020. In this case, i have calendar 365 day period from 6th Nov 2018 to 6th Nov 2019. But since there is 2 months gap, i could not use that 365 period, instead, i have to count from Nov 5th 2019 to Nov 5th 2020 as my first 365 period. Am i correct?

Thank you
Dani

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 am

Visa continuity is different to physical presence continuity.

Your first 1460 days (4*365) can be accumulated in
Pieces over 8 years- for stamps or for physical residency. There can be breaks. So the most conservative view of your first year is that (as long as you were physically present) you count the days of valid stamps and put those toward 1460. There’s no sense of continuous minimum stamp periods for first 4 years, you just add up what you have.

The more aggressive approach would be to claim the days without a stamp if you can prove you had applied for an appointment before your stamp expired. They may or may not accept this as it was pre-Covid.

Stamp gaps caused by no available appointments during Covid are typically accepted as being irrelevant and can be claimed as reckonable residency. Physical absences attributable to Covid are sometimes/often accepted when explained and proof offered.

It is only the 5th year where your 365 need to be continuous. Your stamp needs to fully cover this period AND you can only be physically absent max 70 days. There are some exceptions to this, but this is the gist.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:01 am

Vadrar wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 am
Visa continuity is different to physical presence continuity.

Your first 1460 days (4*365) can be accumulated in
Pieces over 8 years- for stamps or for physical residency. There can be breaks. So the most conservative view of your first year is that (as long as you were physically present) you count the days of valid stamps and put those toward 1460. There’s no sense of continuous minimum stamp periods for first 4 years, you just add up what you have.

The more aggressive approach would be to claim the days without a stamp if you can prove you had applied for an appointment before your stamp expired. They may or may not accept this as it was pre-Covid.

Stamp gaps caused by no available appointments during Covid are typically accepted as being irrelevant and can be claimed as reckonable residency. Physical absences attributable to Covid are sometimes/often accepted when explained and proof offered.

It is only the 5th year where your 365 need to be continuous. Your stamp needs to fully cover this period AND you can only be physically absent max 70 days. There are some exceptions to this, but this is the gist.
That is very clear, thanks