ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for new born child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR for new born child

Post by sruthigl » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:30 pm

Hi
Please advice
1) child born outside uk last month, Both parents had ILR status at time of birth. which form to be used for applying ILR for my newborn child who was born outside UK?
2) kindly provide the link to the form.
3) What documents are required for this ILR application?
4) what are the fees?

Looking forward to your replies on above queries
Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for new born child

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:28 am

I assume the child is outside the UK.
So you apply here online: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577696564

Apply for 'Non-British child of a parent, parents or relative who are British citizens or settled in the UK' visa

Start Now ---> Join or accompany a family member --> A British citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK for another reason --> Choose Biometcis country/centre, then select the visa I mentioned above

You will see the fee before applying. The system will tell you what documents you need to submit
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 am

zimba wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:28 am
I assume the child is outside the UK.
So you apply here online: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577696564

Apply for 'Non-British child of a parent, parents or relative who are British citizens or settled in the UK' visa

Start Now ---> Join or accompany a family member --> A British citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK for another reason --> Choose Biometcis country/centre, then select the visa I mentioned above

You will see the fee before applying. The system will tell you what documents you need to submit

Thank you Zimba! yes, the child is outside the UK with her mother. Her father is currently in UK and has received British passport after the child's birth.
I'm almost 90% through the application and I had few queries and I was wondering if you could please assist with the below:

1) it is asking for 5 year address history of the infant, please advise what should i provide here?
2) does the child ( currently 5 month old) need to pay IHS surcharge as the child will be eligible to apply for British Citizenship once in UK?
3) is Naric letter required? the list of evidence in the application asked for it.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm

1. There is no need to cover 5 years
2. IHS is not paid when applying for ILE/ILR
3. Ignore that. Proof of English language is only applicable to adults
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:11 am

Hi Zumba,
Just checking do the applicant need to fill ‘Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements', couldn’t find the PDF document or form as the link takes us back to Gov.uk visa homepage. Please advise

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:31 pm

sruthigl wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:11 am
Hi Zumba,
Just checking do the applicant need to fill ‘Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements', couldn’t find the PDF document or form as the link takes us back to Gov.uk visa homepage. Please advise
No need to fill it, this is already incorporated into the online application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:32 am

Requires Appendix 1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.