ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa (£115 one) - multiple entry?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor Visa (£115 one) - multiple entry?

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:56 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been asked but I have relatives who want to visit the UK, and will be applying for a Standard Visitor Visa. They'll likely only visit for a couple of weeks at a time, 2 or 3 times over the course of this year. From 2025 onwards they won't be visiting with a UK visa.

Looking at the multiple different options, but focussing on the cheapest £115 one, I understand the maximum stay is 6 months, but can someone please clarify:
a) Does this visa allow multiple entries and exits?
b) What timeframe is this visa valid for? Is it 12 months? The other visas stipulate it.
c) Based on answers to (a) and (b) is the rule effectively not to exceed 6 months in the UK over however many trips during the validity of the visa?

For the life of me I cannot find this stated anywhere on the official Government website and am worried of a nasty surprise at the border.

Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Standard Visitor Visa (£115 one) - multiple entry?

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:00 pm

a) yes
b) 6 months
c) technically you can stay for up to 6 months; in practice, if you say "we'll stay for a week" in visa application and stay for a few months, you can expect a lot of questions and scrutiny on your next visa application
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:39 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

Just as a follow-up to your answer (b): so it would technically be acceptable on the visa application to say then "a few months" but this would be comprised of multiple 2 week trips or so within the 6 month period?

I think it'll likely be a 2 week trip, followed by another 2 week trip 3 or so months later.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:47 pm

WakeWakeWake wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:39 pm

Just as a follow-up to your answer (b): so it would technically be acceptable on the visa application to say then "a few months" but this would be comprised of multiple 2 week trips or so within the 6 month period?

I think it'll likely be a 2 week trip, followed by another 2 week trip 3 or so months later.
Make reference to only the duration of first trip.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:55 pm

If you are looking for multiple entries in a six month period it is best to be clear that is the intention. That way there is no doubt about the intended trips to the U.K. and it is expected if you are seeking a mult entry visa.
See

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/app ... sitor-visa

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:02 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:47 pm
WakeWakeWake wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:39 pm

Make reference to only the duration of first trip.
In the application you have got the option of ticking single or multiple entry if this has not changed.

WakeWakeWake
Newly Registered

Post by WakeWakeWake » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:49 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll go through with the application for my relatives and report back with any developments.