ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

17 Year Old

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

17 Year Old

Post by Bambino-fred » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:26 pm

I am interested in applying for the fiance visa.
My girlfriend has a daughter who is now 17. If we get the fiance visa when she is 17, she will be considered a dependent child, but what happens if she reaches 18 and we get married after she is 18 ?
Will she be denied FLR ? Or do they grant ILR becuase she was 17 at the time of getting the fiance visa ?
Thanks for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 17 Year Old

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:29 pm

Does your partner have official evidence of sole responsibility? Where is the childs other parent?

So you have been asking about this partner and children since 2017, correct??

general-uk-immigration-forum/legal-proc ... l#p2111311
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:55 pm

Edit

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:08 am

Given the previous immigration history I have doubts that you will be able to readily gain a fiancé visa. I have even greater doubts that dependents are going to be entertained.
Has your partner now obtained her English language certificate?
There are so many other issues to overcome with the daughter - has the mother got sole responsibility? What evidence is there to support this.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:27 am

No she has not passed the English test but has a good chance of passing soon.

Based on what I briefly read about sole responsibility, the mother has sole responsibility of both daughters...yes she has another daughter now.

But she does not have legal documentation or proof of this yet. But in brief, she does everything for her daughters and dos not have contact with either father.

Yes I have been asking about this situation sine 2017 and since I started she now has another daughter, not mine.

But from what I read, it might be easier to apply for a spouse visa in my situation.

If you can offer some brief information about what I should do about proving sole responsibility, that would be appreaciated.