ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR best route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR best route

Post by Azhaar » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:58 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can assist us.

My husband is due to apply for his ILR, he had a continues 10 years legal residence. His 2.5 years visas were for private family life as a partner of a British citizen (myself). I heard that it's quicker and easier to apply under the LR route rather than the usual family settlement (10 years).

Also is true that super priority is only available for LR set and not for private family life - partner route?

Your help is appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR best route

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:09 pm

He is probably under the family route as your partner, not the private life route. ILR under the long residence is faster via SET(LR) if you are under the 10-year family rote. Both the family route and the long residence offer super priority visa service
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:34 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for replying, on his decision letter it states private life as a partner so I am not sure if this is different from the usual partner 10 year route. Yes I can see the partner settlement is listed as one accepted for Super priority but got confused when private life is mentioned on his decision letters

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:17 am

Azhaar wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:34 pm
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for replying, on his decision letter it states private life as a partner so I am not sure if this is different from the usual partner 10 year route. Yes I can see the partner settlement is listed as one accepted for Super priority but got confused when private life is mentioned on his decision letters
If he has 10 years of lawful continious residence then SET(LR) is the way to go. His current route is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Thank you, I completed the LR application today. My husband arrived in2007 but illegally. I am counting his 10 year from when he got his first visa I 2013, there has been no break in his legal residency ever since. 2023 he completed his 10 yrs but his Brp is expiring on 22/03 so I am assuming that the earliest we can submit the application is 23/02. There was no break but the home office took over 6 months to approve his last application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:30 pm

Azhaar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:04 pm
Thank you, I completed the LR application today. My husband arrived in2007 but illegally. I am counting his 10 year from when he got his first visa I 2013, there has been no break in his legal residency ever since. 2023 he completed his 10 yrs but his Brp is expiring on 22/03 so I am assuming that the earliest we can submit the application is 23/02. There was no break but the home office took over 6 months to approve his last application.
28days before completing 10yrs counting from when first legal leave was granted

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 pm

Thank you this means he is eligible anytime and no need to wait for 28 days before BRP expires

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:44 am

Azhaar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 pm
Thank you this means he is eligible anytime and no need to wait for 28 days before BRP expires
Yes. Visa expiry is irrelevant

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 am

Azhaar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:47 pm
Correct

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 pm

One more question as my husband entered the UK in2007 illegally, do we have to declare this?? What if we don't declare it. We are applying on Lr we managed to get a super priority appointment but in the application we didn't declare the illegal entrant.
Please help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:34 pm

Azhaar wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 pm
One more question as my husband entered the UK in2007 illegally, do we have to declare this?? What if we don't declare it. We are applying on Lr we managed to get a super priority appointment but in the application we didn't declare the illegal entrant.
Please help
If this was asked in the form, you must declare this

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:33 pm

It asked for any breach but non for illegal entry, it was for refusal of visa, deportation etc. I feel that I need to include a cover letter and explain that since the question is not clear and we selected no.

The list was

: Refused a visa
Refused entry at the border
Refused permission to stay or remain
Refused asylum
Deported Removed
Required to leave Excluded or banned from entry

Also re caution how long does stay on records, this is the one given by police not court?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:16 pm

Include a cover letter. Police caution should be declared

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:10 am

Thank you Zimba.
:)