ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Withdraw/Cancel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jass-321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application Withdraw/Cancel

Post by Jass-321 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:40 pm

Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation after ILR through Tier 2 route on 06-02-24 soon after i submitted the form and paid the fees.I realised there are few mistakes like My wife is main applicant instead of me ,My Job details are incorrect and language requirment I choose some different options instead of choosing OLD IELTS was approved for ILR this time I choose foreign degree.

I fill up the form to cancel application and return the documents but i am not sure as didnt recieved any confirmation.is there any other email or contact point where i can contact to cancel my application and resubmit it again.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application Withdraw/Cancel

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:13 pm

Naturalisation applicants are assessed individually, main or dependent doesn’t matter. Personally I wouldn’t cancel. Have you had the biometrics yet? If not you could upload a covering note explaining the errors and correct data. UKVCAS can upload for you. Alternatively you could send an email explaining. Cancellation and refund could take a few weeks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:56 pm

Jass-321 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:40 pm
Hi,

I applied for Naturalisation after ILR through Tier 2 route on 06-02-24 soon after i submitted the form and paid the fees.I realised there are few mistakes like My wife is main applicant instead of me ,My Job details are incorrect and language requirment I choose some different options instead of choosing OLD IELTS was approved for ILR this time I choose foreign degree.

I fill up the form to cancel application and return the documents but i am not sure as didnt recieved any confirmation.is there any other email or contact point where i can contact to cancel my application and resubmit it again.
Explain these (minor) mistakes in a cover letter and upload it to UKVCAS before you attend biometrics appointment. It happens all the time, it could take even months for your fees to get refunded.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Jass-321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jass-321 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:13 pm
Naturalisation applicants are assessed individually, main or dependent doesn’t matter. Personally I wouldn’t cancel. Have you had the biometrics yet? If not you could upload a covering note explaining the errors and correct data. UKVCAS can upload for you. Alternatively you could send an email explaining. Cancellation and refund could take a few weeks.
Main Mistakes:
I replied NO to previous immigration application as well for all applicants so will need to give a cover note for all 4.

2. Instead of using previous IELTS test for English requirement for wife:I choose degree certificate which is a lengthy process to get,so thats why want to cancel or withdraw and submit a correct application.

Plz advise any email or contact number to expediate the process. I fill up the form for returning documents and withdraw my application and recieved a reference for that.

TIA

Jass-321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jass-321 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:28 pm

Explain these (minor) mistakes in a cover letter and upload it to UKVCAS before you attend biometrics appointment. It happens all the time, it could take even months for your fees to get refunded.
[/quote]
Any email or contact number to expediate the cancellation/refund ?

Jass-321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jass-321 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:32 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
No Biometrics yet and i was of the view as there are numerous misatkes and by explaining through a cover letter will delay the decision of application. What's the email to explain the reasoning and cover details if I choose to stay with current application.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:12 pm

Jass-321 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:32 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
No Biometrics yet and i was of the view as there are numerous misatkes and by explaining through a cover letter will delay the decision of application. What's the email to explain the reasoning and cover details if I choose to stay with current application.
If you haven't attended your bio appointment, upload your cover later at UKVCAS under the other documents section. The description reads "(Optional) If you have more documents that you think may help support your application, upload them here."

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:43 pm

Jass-321 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:32 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
There isn't a way to expedite the refund. Trust the process - caseworkers will look at all the evidence, and you only ticked a couple boxes wrong. Easy mistake to make, easy to explain it. Unlikely it will affect the timeline of the application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:24 pm

Type up a covering note and ask UKVCAS to upload for you, or if you can still upload, do it yourself. No need to send an email.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jass-321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jass-321 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:15 am

Hi,

12/02/24 Today received an email from HO that application is withdrawn and refund in process .

Thanks for support

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Keep us posted on how long it takes to get the refund as it is usually a very difficult question to answer.

ketan_g85
Newly Registered
India

Post by ketan_g85 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:27 am

Hi Jass.

I am in same situation. Made same mistakes. Which link did you use to cancel the apication.

Thanks

ketan_g85
Newly Registered
India

Post by ketan_g85 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:28 am

Jass-321 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:15 am
Hi,

12/02/24 Today received an email from HO that application is withdrawn and refund in process .

Thanks for support
How did you cancel the application

camto
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by camto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:51 pm

Hi all

I am in the process of withdrawing my application for citizenship and reapply again just because I made a mistake and made it more complicated. On the online withdrawal form, there is a case ID and home reference number needed.
I do not know where to find those and I only have the payment reference and the Unique application code. any help please

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Have you attended bipmetrics yet, and what mistake did you make?

camto
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by camto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Jass-321 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:15 am
Hi,

Thanks for support
Hi Jass
Could you help with the case ID and home office reference? I only have my UAN and payment referene, nothing else. I do not know what to put on the online form

camto
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by camto » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:58 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:56 pm
No biometrics yet and it is about my degree certificate

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm

No Issue then, upload it to UKVCAS and explain in a cover note.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 am

camto wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:58 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:56 pm
No biometrics yet and it is about my degree certificate
As you have not attended biometrics appointment, if you meet the requirements with your degree this can be uploaded for you at the appointment including a cover letter or note highlighting the error and corrective action taken.

nataliafoster
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by nataliafoster » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm

Hi Jass,

For the withdrawal form, can you please advise on the Home Office reference number as the field only allows 7 digits, and all I had was the UAN (12 digits) and the payment number.

I put the UAN in the Case ID for reference and then explained in the details why I did that, and added the correct numbers in the message. I hope that works, but do you remember what you did?

Thanks!

ilrinfo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ilrinfo » Mon May 20, 2024 8:37 pm

nataliafoster wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm
Hi Jass,

For the withdrawal form, can you please advise on the Home Office reference number as the field only allows 7 digits, and all I had was the UAN (12 digits) and the payment number.

I put the UAN in the Case ID for reference and then explained in the details why I did that, and added the correct numbers in the message. I hope that works, but do you remember what you did?

Thanks!
Hi did you find the Case ID number and hoe office reference number? I also need these but can not find