ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension funds question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drjabberwocky23

Tier 1 extension funds question

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:11 am

Dear all,

I'd appreciate the forum's opinion on a question that I have.

I'm currently on the HSMP and am looking to extend my visa under Tier 1 in Januray/February 2009. I have 2 bank accounts: A current account into which my salary gets paid, and a separate savings account. My current account is usually in debit, as I have an interest free overdraft and I divert funds from my current account into my savings account for interest purposes.

When I apply, I'd like to use my current account statements as evidence of proof of earnings, but then use my savings account to prove that I have maintenance funds. Assuming that I fulfill the criteria in the maintenance funds column, is there any reason for the caseworker to look unfavourably on my application given that my current account is normally held in debit?

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 pm

i dont think this will be a problem.
evne my bank account was in over draft for many months and i got the tier 1 general visa by showing the same evidence.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:17 pm

dingdon wrote:i dont think this will be a problem.
evne my bank account was in over draft for many months and i got the tier 1 general visa by showing the same evidence.
I agree

abhijack

Re: Tier 1 extension funds question

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:55 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:Dear all,

When I apply, I'd like to use my current account statements as evidence of proof of earnings, but then use my savings account to prove that I have maintenance funds. Assuming that I fulfill the criteria in the maintenance funds column, is there any reason for the caseworker to look unfavourably on my application given that my current account is normally held in debit?
i am also due for extension application jan/feb 2009...

do u get monthly statements for ur savings account? does it show transactions on some dates in between each month?

if not, i think its safe to get a letter from ur bank to say that u have held the required amount of maintenance funds throughout the 3 month period...

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:34 pm

I think my bank statements from savings account should be OK as evidence.

This probably sounds as a stupid question, but when we claim pojuts for earnings, we are claiming against the gross salary and not the net salary, right?

I just ask because my payslips show both gross and net salary, but my bank account will only show the net salary, as my employer sorts out my tax, etc. before the money ever reaches my account.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:This probably sounds as a stupid question, but when we claim pojuts for earnings, we are claiming against the gross salary and not the net salary, right?

I just ask because my payslips show both gross and net salary, but my bank account will only show the net salary, as my employer sorts out my tax, etc. before the money ever reaches my account.
Right - Gross Salary is used for claiming points. Net Salary on the Salary slips is used to tally amounts transferred to the the bank account.

regards,

push_HSMP

Ozziedude
Newly Registered

cover letter and documents?

Post by Ozziedude » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I am about to apply for an extention of my HSMP. It expires in March 2009. I believe I have to transfer over to Tier 1 now.

Do you guys know of any Cover Letter people are using? Is there a list of documents you guys are sending with your extention application?

drjabberwocky23

Re: cover letter and documents?

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:52 am

Ozziedude wrote:Hey guys and gals,

I am about to apply for an extention of my HSMP. It expires in March 2009. I believe I have to transfer over to Tier 1 now.

Do you guys know of any Cover Letter people are using? Is there a list of documents you guys are sending with your extention application?
I don't think there is a set proforma for your cover letter, though I seem to remember seeing a few examples on the "stickies" at the top of this forum. The list of documents will also depend on what evidence you're submitting.

For example, you may end up submitting:

Your current passport (as proof of age or for the English language requirement)
1 year's worth of bank statements and payslips (as proof of income and the latter also as UK experience).
Your degree certificate (as proof of qualifications and potentially for the English language requirement)
Bank statements for a 3 month period (for maintenance funds)

But then, you may need more or less depending on your personal circumstances.