ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Consultant Info

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

HSMP Consultant Info

Post by tulipz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi all,
I wanted to share some important info with you. A friend of mine got her Tier-1 Visa processed through a consultant. They not only charged her very reasonable fee but also did a gr8 job. some of her colleagues are also getting their visa done through them, and they seemed happy with the service.

PM me if you need the consultant's contact info.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:46 pm

This forum is for self help and service mate, we help each other by sharing our experiences rather than going through consultants.

And the help we do to each other is free gained from our experience.

Otherwise also the forum as such doesnt recommend consultants.

So wrong place if you tried a new gimmick to advertise. :(

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:52 pm

I gain nothing by advertising some one else's firm! A lot of ppl dont have the time to research posts on this forum or go through the documents on UKBIA site. Some feel assured when they trust a professional.Consultant works for them. My friend was happy with their fees and service. So I thought of posting about it here so that many more people benifit and save some bucks.

Dont attribute negative intentions mate. Think positive.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:58 pm

are they OISC registered mate?

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:02 pm

I don't know. I can give give you the contact ID. You may get in touch with them directly.

xxxxxx

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 pm

tulipz wrote:I don't know. I can give give you the contact ID. You may get in touch with them directly.
clearly not registered if he is using a gmail address
but anyway no one on here wants to pay for anything which is why they are here so you are wasting your breath.
Further, there is clearly something in it for you because you go through a lot of bother to publish the info for someone else, receive the PM and forward the info.
No one is so thick that they can't see such a general recommendation is a form of advertisement.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 am

A friend of mine had recommended a consultant to me. He said he will charge INR30,000/ for the Tier1 visa.. After seeing this forum and reading the messages, i felt there is no need to go for a Consultant and there is no need to spend even a rupee for the consultant. With the help of Forum members i did submit my application and got the Tier 1 Visa . I have recommended this forum to lot of my friends ..
Guys, Pls donot post any message related to consultant(even though u might be helping ur friend). This forum is not for those things.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:00 pm

If you think a post is not helpful to you, ignore it. You cant really judge if others will benifit out of it or not.

As i already said, I do not get anything recommending someone's services...
I processed my HSMP myself. That doesnt mean going through a consultant is unnecessary. I had time to research and my friend didnt. Also my friend wanted to process the application through someone who is into the job.

I've recieved over 10 messages asking for the consultants phone number. That shows this was helpful to SOMEONE.

More info: The consultant charged my friend 19k

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 pm

tulipz wrote:If you think a post is not helpful to you, ignore it. You cant really judge if others will benifit out of it or not.

As i already said, I do not get anything recommending someone's services...
I processed my HSMP myself. That doesnt mean going through a consultant is unnecessary. I had time to research and my friend didnt. Also my friend wanted to process the application through someone who is into the job.

I've recieved over 10 messages asking for the consultants phone number. That shows this was helpful to SOMEONE.

More info: The consultant charged my friend 19k
Tulipz I hope you try to understand why this is being opposed here. This forum is not for profit forum and we do not endorse any consultants etc. because the wealth of information here is sufficient for putting together a decent application forTier-1. If you think you are helping others by posting information by recommending a particular consultant could you please answer the following questions:

(1) What are you doing on this forum? If you think that the consultant is so good why did not you use his services instead of being present here on the forum?

(2) What if like you many other people start recommending other consultants? How will it help people? How will they make a judgement on recommendations made by other members?

(3) You have given an example of some 10 ppl sending you a pm to know about the consultant's details. Don't you think that the members are knowledgeable enough to do a market search (using internet) themselves?

Tier-1 is a straight forward system (its the applicants who are in peculiar circumstances). If need be they can directly go to the consultants. Nobody stops from doing that but this forum can not and should not be seen as endorsing one or a set of particular consultants.

I can not stop you from doing what you are doing but I can definitely request you to desist from doing this.

regards,

push_HSMP

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:28 am

push_hsmp wrote:
Tulipz I hope you try to understand why this is being opposed here. This forum is not for profit forum and we do not endorse any consultants etc. because the wealth of information here is sufficient for putting together a decent application forTier-1. If you think you are helping others by posting information by recommending a particular consultant could you please answer the following questions:

(1) What are you doing on this forum? If you think that the consultant is so good why did not you use his services instead of being present here on the forum?

(2) What if like you many other people start recommending other consultants? How will it help people? How will they make a judgement on recommendations made by other members?

(3) You have given an example of some 10 ppl sending you a pm to know about the consultant's details. Don't you think that the members are knowledgeable enough to do a market search (using internet) themselves?

Tier-1 is a straight forward system (its the applicants who are in peculiar circumstances). If need be they can directly go to the consultants. Nobody stops from doing that but this forum can not and should not be seen as endorsing one or a set of particular consultants.

I can not stop you from doing what you are doing but I can definitely request you to desist from doing this.

regards,

push_HSMP
ANSWERS:

1. My friend got her Tier1 done very recently. I didnt know about this consultant before. Even if I did, I had done a lot of research and was confident about things.. And BTW, what are you doing on this forum? trying to stop ppl from posting info that is not useful to YOU?

2. You see 100s of ads on the TV. Are you trying to say it'll confuse the buyers? please!!

3. What you and I think doesnt matter. stop wondering whether ppl are knowledgeable or not. There is someone called "yumingjiaoyu" on this forum who keeps posting "High salary, Good reputation, teach near by Beijin" ... no one replies to that thread... If something is not useful to YOU, thats the way to react . Ignore it.

Btw, there is something i want to mention here. There are a lot of new members here who keep posting questions related to basic things. The next minute there is someone replying "please search the forum" or "read the news" ... such ppl might want to look for a consultant who is just a phone call away. On the other hand, consultants like y-axis are quite expensive. They charge 50k.... I posted info on this consultant because they did a good job for my friend and charged a fraction.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:23 am

I would second push_hsmp. This forum has all the info that sometimes, I suspect few of the policy decisions are based out of this forum. Having lived in UK, I can suggest that this forum has members from all over the world and a simple action of 'helping' is not perceived as help since it's not a common practice out there in UK. Though ur intentions are good, ur actions dilute the objective of this forum. So tulipz, u dont have to feel apologitic, but pl refrain fm even 'helping' others by refering 3rd parties and if someone cannot search for the info they want, they dont deserve to get Tier 1

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:01 am

Sunny,
You dont seem to see my point.

There are many people who are hard pressed for time. Eg: I am in a tight deadline critical project now. I reach office at 8:30 and come back home at 9. I work in a secure area where internet access is restricted. I am sure it is common to work for 12-13 hrs sometimes in the IT industry. What if I want to file my Tier1 papers now? I dont have time to research the web or to write my cover letters. Does that mean I dont deserve to get a Tier-1? Whats wrong if I want to hire services to make my job easier? Doesnt it help if someone recommends a consultant based on his/her experience esp if the fee is comparatively low?

Anyways, there is no point discussing this further.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:26 am

tulipz wrote:

1. My friend got her Tier1 done very recently. I didnt know about this consultant before. Even if I did, I had done a lot of research and was confident about things.. And BTW, what are you doing on this forum? trying to stop ppl from posting info that is not useful to YOU?
I would advice you to go through the forum policy before you do what you have been doing. As far as I am concerned I am not stopping ppl from posting information not useful to me or others- I simply do not have "actionable" rights for that. I am just trying to meaningfully contribute to the discussions on the board. However, I do have a right to point out anything that seeks to change the nature and spirit of this discussion board.
tulipz wrote:2. You see 100s of ads on the TV. Are you trying to say it'll confuse the buyers? please!!
Would not say anything about TV ads - the question here is about using the forum to market a particular consultant which might be construed by some as an endorsement by the forum itself
tulipz wrote:3. What you and I think doesnt matter. stop wondering whether ppl are knowledgeable or not. There is someone called "yumingjiaoyu" on this forum who keeps posting "High salary, Good reputation, teach near by Beijin" ... no one replies to that thread... If something is not useful to YOU, thats the way to react . Ignore it.
If we allow that then there will be a lot of clutter on the forum and filtering information will become painful (relate it with automated spam filters in email client softwares - if you get a lot of rubbish,ignoring it manually becomes too cumbersome).
tulipz wrote:Btw, there is something i want to mention here. There are a lot of new members here who keep posting questions related to basic things. The next minute there is someone replying "please search the forum" or "read the news" ... such ppl might want to look for a consultant who is just a phone call away. On the other hand, consultants like y-axis are quite expensive. They charge 50k.... I posted info on this consultant because they did a good job for my friend and charged a fraction.

I would advise you not to use names of consultants either to promote or castigate them. Going back to your point (1) above you said you did not have any knowledge of "this" consultant before etc. but strangely, now you seem to know a lot not only about "this" consultant but also about the competitors and the going rates in the market (& names too).

Mate don't take it otherwise but please understand that if we start using this forum for recommending consultants how would we stop the real consultants coming here and promoting their own practices in the guise of users? You have mentioned just two consultants here and that too from India- Don't you think if we follow what you are doing we will end up with recommendations for Consultants from not just India but from many other countries too?

See I have no doubts about your intention of helping out ppl who dont have time or patience etc. to do everything on their own but this could be counterproductive for most of the forum users in general. A large number of users come here with a view to help themselves in putting together an application on their own.

I wrote what I earnestly believe was for the good of a large number of board member. You surely have every right to disagree.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:05 pm

tulipz wrote:2. You see 100s of ads on the TV. Are you trying to say it'll confuse the buyers? please!!
Would not say anything about TV ads - the question here is about using the forum to market a particular consultant which might be construed by some as an endorsement by the forum itself

100% in agreement with what push_hsmp and others who have contributed to this thread, especially with what push_hsmp has quoted above. If the endorsement to consultants continue, it would not be too long when they will take over our self-help community and ruin all efforts that each and every member has contributed.

I have been visiting this forum since a long time now, basis which I have applied for Tier 1 and I too think that there is absolutely no need to run around for consultants, who in a way charge more money from people for a simple and straight forward process.

Any person who doesn't have time to self research and is planning to apply for Tier 1 has to make sure that he/she at least reads the guidance notes to the 'T' (do their basic home work), else they wouldn't know where the consultant is goofing up, if their services are hired.

Lots have received their visas by applying on their own (incl. tulipz) and visiting this forum. If there is anything that is unclear please question here and I'm sure someone will answer your queries.

Lastly tulipz, I'd rather suggest you to endorse this forum to someone rather than the consultant and I'm sure you too can contribute here positively since you too have received your visa with some help from this forum.

Post by 1971 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Hi tulipz,

I think you should drop this issue as majority are not comfortable with this venture.

Cheers

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:24 am

Tulipz,
i too support 1971,PUSH_HSMP,harakiri,sri_sunny.
Please don’t bring/support commercial agents ads in this form, thus de motivating the spirits of the forum members.