ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

“Continuous Residence” criteria while switching from PRE-SETTLE to SETTLED status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abidali2k2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

“Continuous Residence” criteria while switching from PRE-SETTLE to SETTLED status

Post by abidali2k2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:18 am

Hi Group
I have a question regarding “Continuous Residence” criteria while switching from PRE-SETTLE to SETTLED status under the EU Settlement scheme.

One condition is that the applicant must not spend more than 6 months outside the UK in any 12-month period.
Some people say that there is another condition under “continuous residence” criteria which must also be fulfilled.
The pre-settle status holder "must not have spent more than 450 days outside the UK during last 5 years" at the time of application for the Settled Status.
Is it correct? If yes, is there any official online reference from Home Office?
Personally, I was unable to find any information online. May be this condition applies to some other ILR route. Or the condition was introduced initially and changed later.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

P.S. I am aware that there is 450 days condition for the citizen / naturalization application.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: “Continuous Residence” criteria while switching from PRE-SETTLE to SETTLED status

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:27 am

Haven't heard of that 450 days rule.
Perhaps you could obtain the source reference for the statement from the people making that statement?
Maybe they are confusing it with the naturalisation requirement (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark11)?
Haven't seen references to 450 days relating to ILR either.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: “Continuous Residence” criteria while switching from PRE-SETTLE to SETTLED status

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:40 pm

Fully agreed to respected 'Alterhase58'.

Never heard of 450 days rule or seen.

Please just don't listen to anyone. If anyone says anything just ask for concrete proof of saying i.e reference from HO Website only.

Otherwise just ignore these kind of people.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }