ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR acknowledgement email

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

which date does qualifying period start?

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 am

zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:56 pm
sunnymoon wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:01 pm
Thank you so much for your response.

I am quite confused as in your response as link: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-5yrs-qua ... 42717.html, the start date is visa approval letter date. For my case, in the BRP decision letter dated on 27 Jun 2022 mentioned that " your application for a UK visa has been successful". Are they different?
Their visa letter approval date matches their visa vignette/BRP issue date. :!:
For you, I erred on the side of caution and advised you to use the BRP date which is the earliest date on an immigration document you were issued
Hi Zimba, thank you for your continued help on this forum, it is incredibly useful.

The advice you have given in this thread seems to be conflicting with the one you gave on this one indefinite-leave-to-remain/employment-l ... l#p2136197, where the applicant used the date of visa approval letter to calculate their eligibility period, even though the first immigration document by your description, the BRP issue date, was a while after the letter date.

Am I missing something? How are they different? Can't wrap my head round it.

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: which date does qualifying period start?

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:03 pm

For the record here are my dates:

Visa approval letter: 27 Feb 2019
First BRP issue date: 11 Mar 2019
Visa vignette valid from: 18 Mar 2019
Arrival in the UK: 27 Mar 2019

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:04 pm

zimba wrote:
sunnymoon wrote:

I am quite confused as in your response as link: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-5yrs-qua ... 42717.html, the start date is visa approval letter date. For my case, in the BRP decision letter dated on 27 Jun 2022 mentioned that " your application for a UK visa has been successful". Are they different?
For you, I erred on the side of caution and advised you to use the BRP date which is the earliest date on an immigration document you were issued
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:07 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:04 pm
zimba wrote:
sunnymoon wrote:

I am sorry, I understand your point on that particular one but in the example I highlighted the visa vignette and BRP issue date do not match the visa approval date, both of them are later than the visa approval/letter date, yet they were advised to go along with the visa approval/letter date.

What am I missing?

Or should I start my own topic?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:10 pm

yeoruc wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:03 pm

For you, the advice remains the same, use the first date of any immigration document which is your BRP issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:12 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:10 pm
yeoruc wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:03 pm

For you, the advice remains the same, use the first date of any immigration document which is your BRP issue date
Thank you. But my ILR route is Skilled Worker and not Global Talent - in the example I cited, they were skilled worker too. What causes the difference or need for caution? That's what I am trying to understand, sorry.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm

I already explained it above, it is just a matter of caution. Your route does not matter.

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm
I already explained it above, it is just a matter of caution. Your route does not matter.
Thanks for the reply. Has something happened or changed since you gave this advice a couple of months ago? indefinite-leave-to-remain/employment-l ... l#p2133171

Because these are two different advice for the exact same situation.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:11 pm

yeoruc wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 pm
zimba wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Has something happened or changed since you gave this advice a couple of months ago? indefinite-leave-to-remain/employment-l ... l#p2133171

Nothing has changed. The advice is exactly the same. Visa approval will often match an immigration document issued like BRP. You may use the letter date but I'd say use the BRP date to be safe. That is all

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:15 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:11 pm
yeoruc wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 pm
zimba wrote:

Nothing has changed. The advice is exactly the same. Visa approval will often match an immigration document issued like BRP. You may use the letter date but I'd say use the BRP date to be safe. That is all
Thank you for your reply again. I feel like we are still not addressing the fact that, in the example I gave, you told tarunc to use his visa approval letter date (12 Nov 2018) to count 28 days back from for eligibility, instead of his BRP issue date (05 Dec 2018). Whereas you are asking me to disregard the visa approval letter date (27 Feb 2019) and count 28 days back from my BRP issue date (11 Mar 2019).

Could you see the discrepancy and why I find it confusing?

Thanks again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm

You seem to like to argue for no reason even though I explained that there is no real discrepancy and explained my reasoning in detail. I told the OP in the other thread to use the first visa approval date which often matches an immigration document issued like vignette or BRP. I cannot be more clear than that here. You are free to use the letter date, assuming you accept the risk.

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:10 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm
You seem to like to argue for no reason even though I explained that there is no real discrepancy and explained my reasoning in detail. I told the OP in the other thread to use the first visa approval date which often matches an immigration document issued like vignette or BRP. I cannot be more clear than that here. You are free to use the letter date, assuming you accept the risk.
No, I don't like to argue at all, I genuinely am trying to understand why you're dispensing two different advice on pretty much the same situation. It's very clear that tarunc's situation was the same as mine - you told him to go with the letter date, but telling me to go with the BRP issue date. I still think we haven't addressed that point but I shall rest my case. You can lock the topic if you'd like.

Thanks again for all your answers so far.

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Mandatory document: Passport

Post by yeoruc » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:42 pm

Hi,

My passport is a mandatory document for my ILR application. Do I provide a scan of just the photo page or do I scan all the pages?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Mandatory document: Passport

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:48 pm

yeoruc wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:42 pm
Hi,

My passport is a mandatory document for my ILR application. Do I provide a scan of just the photo page or do I scan all the pages?

Thanks!
Biometrics page plus all the stamps in the last 5 years

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Mandatory document: Passport

Post by yeoruc » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:49 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply!
zimba wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:48 pm
yeoruc wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:42 pm
Hi,

Thanks!
Biometrics page plus all the stamps in the last 5 years

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR acknowledgement email

Post by yeoruc » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm

Hi,

I did my biometrics yesterday, applied priority too. My question is - when people talk about acknowledgement emails, do those emails come from Sopra Steria / UKVCAS or UKVI itself?

I received an email from UKVCAS / Sopra Steria telling me that my supporting documents have been submitted / sent to UKVI. I thought I might get another email from UKVI telling me that they received my application, as per my previous applications for Tier 2 General and Skilled Worker visas. Is that not the case?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR acknowledgement email

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:21 pm

You do not get any from UKVI after Biometrics. You may get UKVI emails later which often ask for extra evidence or will let you know that your application cannot be decided in time or let you know that it has been decided, etc

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:22 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:21 pm
You do not get any from UKVI after Biometrics. You may get UKVI emails later which often ask for extra evidence or will let you know that your application cannot be decided in time or let you know that it has been decided, etc
Thank you for the reply, great to know. Cheers

fullmoenty
India

Post by fullmoenty » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Hi, yeoruc, based on this thread it looks like you have applied based on the date of issue of your earliest immigration document that is BRP, can you confirm? Also, can you keep the group updated on the status of your application. Wishing you the very best of luck for your application.

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:35 pm

fullmoenty wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 pm
Hi, yeoruc, based on this thread it looks like you have applied based on the date of issue of your earliest immigration document that is BRP, can you confirm? Also, can you keep the group updated on the status of your application. Wishing you the very best of luck for your application.
Hi, yes that's true, I did. And thank you. I just received my approval email, so 52 hours turnaround for me. Best of luck with your application.

fullmoenty
India

Post by fullmoenty » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:45 pm

yeoruc wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:35 pm
fullmoenty wrote:
Hi, yes that's true, I did. And thank you. I just received my approval email, so 52 hours turnaround for me. Best of luck with your application.
That's amazing news! Many congratulations! The turnaround time for the decision was really quick considering a lot of people have been posting recently that they have received that the UKVI are unable to honour priority timelines. I am guessing that might be due to the system being under maintenance and civil servants being on holiday this week due to half term. Can you confirm if you applied for priority or super priority?

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm

fullmoenty wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:45 pm
yeoruc wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:35 pm
fullmoenty wrote:
That's amazing news! Many congratulations! The turnaround time for the decision was really quick considering a lot of people have been posting recently that they have received that the UKVI are unable to honour priority timelines. I am guessing that might be due to the system being under maintenance and civil servants being on holiday this week due to half term. Can you confirm if you applied for priority or super priority?
Yeah, I saw those, not sure what's happening with them. Mine was a very straightforward 5 year Skilled Worker (SET(O)) path to ILR, and I applied using priority service, so the turnaround maybe has been quick because of that.