ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnancy during Join Family Visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mina8429
Newly Registered
Armenia

Pregnancy during Join Family Visa to Ireland

Post by Mina8429 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out because I'm seeking advice on behalf of a friend who is a non-EU citizen married to an Irish citizen. Her visa application has been in processing in Dublin since October 2023. Recently, she found out she is pregnant, and we're wondering if providing a verification letter from her doctor could help expedite her application process.

If anyone has experience or knowledge about similar cases or could offer guidance on how pregnancy might affect visa processing times, we would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jane1992
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Pregnancy during Join Family Visa to Ireland

Post by Jane1992 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Hi

Congratulations to your friend. I'm an Irish citizen and my husband is non eu. I had my son last year and had to wait until he was born.

We ended up applying via the parent of an irish citizen child/"Zambrano" application. According to the immigration solicitor we used it's quicker than the marriage route and it's also a sure thing as if the application was denied our sons eu rights would be violated. We applied in July and got a decision in January. It should have been sooner but they lost some of our documents and it was delayed as we needed to resend copies etc.

I would recommend them looking into going down this route.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:51 pm

Jane1992 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:19 pm
our sons eu rights would be violated.
Depending on parent's place of birth, child may or may not be an Irish citizen.
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... r-descent/
If either of your parents was born in Ireland and was an Irish citizen at the time of your birth, you are automatically an Irish citizen by birth.
Otherwise it's through FBR, which would take another year, for the child to become Irish.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Nonyeremrita
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Nonyeremrita » Mon May 13, 2024 5:12 pm

Hello, please i am in your kind of condition now - I am in Dublin, on a stamp 4 visa (gotten from critical skills), and my wife who is in the UK got pregnant (unplanned).

Checking processing time now, states that it will 4-6 months....She is really going through a lot because it is her first baby and her symptoms are really crazy. Luckily, i am here with her in the UK most times - so i plan to relocate her to Ireland asap.

But the processing time for Critical skills says 10-14 working days, while the one for Stamp 4 maybe is 4-6 months. I got my current employment permit, as a result of being a critical skill holder. Will maybe even a letter from Midwife or i can even get a paternity test result

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:10 pm

OP wasn't on forums since February, so double they'll provide any information. Not sure if pregnancy documents can help to speed anything up, but you can try and report back to this forum whether it was successful or not.

Also hopefully your visits to UK are legal, with necessary visas and all.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.