ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa from different consulate but first entry to different country

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ravisha22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Schengen visa from different consulate but first entry to different country

Post by Ravisha22 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:43 pm

Hi, I have got Schengen via from France consulate but the plan changed now and planning to visit Portugal or Spain for my first trip from UK. Am I allowed to do it ? We will do France trip later in 2 months time.

🙏

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen visa from different consulate but first entry to different country

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:53 pm

Technically yes; practically, French consulate might give you a shorter visa next time (or ask for tickets confirming you actually went to France) as you didn't do your trip as planned. French consulate is usually lenient, but who knows.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Schengen visa from different consulate but first entry to different country

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:58 am

Make sure you do visit France within validity of your visa. Keep the tickets for that trip.

At the Portuguese border - if asked - just tell them that you are indeed plan to visit France a couple of months later.

You shall be fine otherwise.