ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ukranians in the uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

ukranians in the uk

Post by realist07 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 am

Hi,
My self is a british citizen since 2015 and my fiancee is a ukranian citizen . she arrived here april 2022 on a home of ukranie shceme (sponsorship scheme )visa for 3 years which is ending in May 17 2025. She has right to work and rent ,plus entitled for benefits etc.like normal uk citizens.
We know eachother long time (we met before the war) and now she is here in uk for almost 2 years and we are thinking to get marry this summer, any idea what happens after that. İf we apply for her to stay in uk beyond the her visa expiration date what kind of visa should we apply? There is no any single information about her sitaution because ukranian citizens have this unique visa no one knows what happens after the marriage.have you encountered anything like that before, i tried to call home Office but its impossible to talk with them. please help ,kind regards.

meself2
Ireland

Re: ukranians in the uk

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:53 am

realist07 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:34 am
İf we apply for her to stay in uk beyond the her visa expiration date what kind of visa should we apply?
Spouse visa, as she's planning to stay on the basis on your marriage. Highly doubt there'll be any sort of visa for married Ukrainians.

Also, keep in my financial requirements increase.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:36 am

That is a really strange situation, they live here like they have ilr already and after the marriage everything will start over again. İ am not sure what happens, a few people saying that ukba let you apply ilr straight away but i doubt it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:49 am

realist07 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:36 am
That is a really strange situation, they live here like they have ilr already and after the marriage everything will start over again. İ am not sure what happens, a few people saying that ukba let you apply ilr straight away but i doubt it.
I highly doubt that - UKVI is always saying this scheme doesn't have a path to permanent residence.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... 2024-0021/
The special Ukraine visa schemes offer a maximum stay of three years in the UK. They cannot be extended beyond three years, nor provide a pathway to permanent residency.
What will they do is a good question - possibilities vary between ceasing the scheme completely to just extending it year by year (and I won't be surprised if they'll exclude it from LR).
But as of now, the longer you're avoiding switching, the longer it'll take to gain ILR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:47 am

i think we will have to apply spouse visa within uk.. thats the most possible scenario..
which means financial requirements etc.. when i found out i will write here..
my guess is somehow these people still will live here permamently i dont think they can send them back there is nothing left ukraine. i have been there i saw it.. i think germany already allowed them to stay 10 years now. so we will see what happens here.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:23 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:49 am
realist07 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:36 am
I highly doubt that - UKVI is always saying this scheme doesn't have a path to permanent residence.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... 2024-0021/
The special Ukraine visa schemes offer a maximum stay of three years in the UK. They cannot be extended beyond three years, nor provide a pathway to permanent residency.
What will they do is a good question - possibilities vary between ceasing the scheme completely to just extending it year by year (and I won't be surprised if they'll exclude it from LR).
But as of now, the longer you're avoiding switching, the longer it'll take to gain ILR.
The continuance of that sentence in regard to "not possibility to extend" - The Government hasn’t yet confirmed whether or not it intends to extend immigration permission for people who have already arrived and been granted three years’ permission to stay under the schemes. The visas belonging to the first arrivals under the schemes will begin to expire in February/March 2025. - https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... 2024-0021/

However, a new debated happen on 6th of February and it seems based on their discussion they intend to prolong and give way to settle because there is no prospects of the war ending in the nearest future. In any way, even if the war stopped there is a pathway for people to apply for asylum/humanitarian protection even if Ukraine wins this war which I doubt to be honest.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2 ... lExtension

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:57 am

my point of view that, it dont see any logic sending them back, because by i know many ukranians in my community that , their childrens were born uk, most of them alone because their husband's died in the war or badly injured. i asked maybe 200 ukranians that no one doesnt want to go back. the more they live here the more they settle uk life..i dont think goverment will throw them back into this horrible situation.it doesnt matter what they say, i think at the end they end up living here permamently somehow. you cant trust Putin 8)

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:41 am

The Minister is coming really close. I encourage him to take that further step and say that those who are here in one of the schemes will have the opportunity to remain in the UK if that is what they desire. Is that what he is edging towards? Can we go away from this debate and tell our constituents that the Government understand and are working with them, and that they will do everything possible to ensure that they get to remain in the UK if that is what they want?

from parliamentary debate..

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:13 am

18 months more, approved..in total 4,5 years,at the en of period.still saying that no route to settlement at the moment.but still long time in front of us.that might change