ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national student and reckonable residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JVC
Newly Registered
Finland

EU national student and reckonable residency

Post by JVC » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:35 pm

Hello,

I read that time spent on a student visa does not count towards citizenship, but what about EU nationals? "EU nationals are not supposed to use the residency calculator and instead must submit various documents that prove the length of their residence in Ireland", does that mean my time here does indeed count towards citizenship as an EU student as long as I can prove my length of residency?

Thank you.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: EU national student and reckonable residency

Post by Angel99 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:22 pm

JVC wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:35 pm
Hello,

I read that time spent on a student visa does not count towards citizenship, but what about EU nationals? "EU nationals are not supposed to use the residency calculator and instead must submit various documents that prove the length of their residence in Ireland", does that mean my time here does indeed count towards citizenship as an EU student as long as I can prove my length of residency?

Thank you.
Hi,

You have answered your own question.
"Does that mean my time here does indeed count towards citizenship as an EU student as long as I can prove my length of residency?"

However make sure you're not receiving social welfare aside the state free tuition fee from HEA. They will deny you citizenship if you're a burden to the state.