ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant out of UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Muzzy14

Dependant out of UK

Post by Muzzy14 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:03 am

Hi All,
I've got my tier1 visa, but still out of UK. I want to know is it possible to apply for Dependant visa while main applicant still out of UK?

Cheers
Muzzy

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:46 pm

You can very well do it.
All the best.

nov1
Newly Registered

Post by nov1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 pm

hi dingdon,

I would like to apply together with my husband as well. However, when filling out the VAF10 Form, we are stumbled on the following questions:

7.14 What job or employment is your sponsor doing in the UK?
7.15 Address of the company including the postal code

I don't have the Tier 1 visa yet neither do I have any employment in the UK.

How should I answer these questions?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:54 pm

7.14 What job or employment is your sponsor doing in the UK?
- You can write "not applicable as the main applicant applying under Tier-1"
7.15 Address of the company including the postal code
- Again write- not applicable as the main applicant applying under Tier-1

Case-workers know that one does not have to have a job while applying as Tier-1 main applicant or as his dependent. VAF 10 is a common form so has some sections which are not applicable to Tier-1

nov1
Newly Registered

Post by nov1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks for your prompt answer push :D

However, I am filling out the application online. In the Section 6 of VAF 10, there is a question: "is main applicant employed?" Yes No

If I answer with Yes (because the main applicant is currently employed, but not in UK). I come to the page we discussed earlier. And I can't just write any word on employment start date and employment end date.

If I answer with No, then it's okay, the corresponding page is skipped.

Is that mean that I have to answer with No ? The question is tricky and ambigous. Could you confirm that I have to answer with No? Or you might have better idea?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Just answered your question here

The case workers know that the Tier-1 (General) applicants are not supposed to have an employment offer in hand before they land in UK. So it is safe to answer "No" and provide a commentary in the additional information section (I think its last but one page on the online application form).

regards,

push_HSMP

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 am

push_hsmp wrote:Just answered your question here

The case workers know that the Tier-1 (General) applicants are not supposed to have an employment offer in hand before they land in UK. So it is safe to answer "No" and provide a commentary in the additional information section (I think its last but one page on the online application form).

regards,

push_HSMP
In question 7.15 of VAF10 it says: What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship number?
Is this the section where I (main applicant) should put my visa number or this is something else that I should put N/A?
I thought somewhere in dependant's apllication my visa number should be shown.

Correct me if I am wrong
Thanks,
Muzzy

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:28 am

Muzzy14 wrote:
In question 7.15 of VAF10 it says: What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship number?

Correct me if I am wrong
Thanks,
Muzzy
Muzzy... Correct me if i am wrong..

i just thought:
1. are you using the right application or the in the right "Tier" category??

As per "my" understanding...

Certificate of Sponsorship is related to the Tier 2 Process where the Employer will get the employee the Certificate of Sponsership and provide the Employee with the Unique Reference No...

Sorry if i am totally wrong..

Good lUck mate..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Muzzy14 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong
Thanks,
Muzzy
Muzzy... Correct me if i am wrong..

i just thought:
1. are you using the right application or the in the right "Tier" category??

As per "my" understanding...

Certificate of Sponsorship is related to the Tier 2 Process where the Employer will get the employer the Certificate of Sponsership and provide the Employee with the Unique Reference No...

Sorry if i am totally wrong..

Good lUck mate..

Fair comment, but I guess I am using the right one (VAF10, page 5, question 7.15) for tier 1 PBS Dependant application. Unfortunately I can't upload this application here. But it can be found through this link:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

i am a bit doubtful now whether i am on the right way or not :)

Cheers mate

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:15 pm

This applies for the Work Permit holders/ Tier-2 categories. On the same page that you have provided a link to, there is a guidline for filling up VAF-10, which syas:
7.15 What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship
number?
This is the number allocated to him/her by his/her employer/
prospective employer. He/she is required to enter the number on
their entry clearance application form and would not/will not have
been issued entry clearance without doing so.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 pm

VAF-10 is a common for for PBS so those who apply as Tier-2 dependents need to fill in this detail- you can simply write NA if you are applying for a Tier-1 (general) dependent
regards,
push

Muzzy14

Post by Muzzy14 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 am

push_hsmp wrote:VAF-10 is a common for for PBS so those who apply as Tier-2 dependents need to fill in this detail- you can simply write NA if you are applying for a Tier-1 (general) dependent
Fantastic, it's clear now as a day.
Thanks very much, appreciate your help.

Muzzy

nov1
Newly Registered

Post by nov1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Another doubtful point for me is whether I submit the application together with my dependant or main application first, and once it is approved submit the dependant application. So, in case it is rejected, we could save 600 pounds.

Any idea or advice?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 pm

nov1 wrote:Another doubtful point for me is whether I submit the application together with my dependant or main application first, and once it is approved submit the dependant application. So, in case it is rejected, we could save 600 pounds.

Any idea or advice?
HO encourages dependents to apply with the main applicant. However its up to you to decide whether or not you want to do that. Trust me, if you follow the guidelines in letter as well as spirit there is no reason why your application should be rejected. Do you think there is any contentious issue/point in the main applicant's application/evidences?
regards,
push

nov1
Newly Registered

Evidence

Post by nov1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Actually everything is pretty straight forward for me. I guess just as every body else, I am trying to cover all the possibilities that they can find to reject my application 8)

I have a couple of other questions regarding evidence of qualifications, earnings and maintenance funds.

Qualifications: When I checked my point in point calculator, my qualification is listed in UK Naric Database. Does it mean I don't need to submit the letter from UK Naric?

Earnings: I am planning to provide a letter from HR and my bank account statement for the evidences. I can ask the HR to write the letter in English. However, My salary is increased in the middle of the year. Should that letter state only the current annual salary or the history of my salary from 12 months that I claim?

For the Bank Account, should I submit 12 months full period or only the page where the salary got credited to our account? And if the Bank statement is not in English, should I translate all? I mean the name of the company is stated and does not required any translation to be understood.

Maintenance Funds: If I have to provide 12 months full period of my bank statement for Earning evidence, do I need to provide a double last 3 months for Maintenance Funds evidence? It's the same bank account, the same statement.

For my dependant's maintenance Funds evidence, should I also provide another copy of the same period same bank account?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Qualifications: When I checked my point in point calculator, my qualification is listed in UK Naric Database. Does it mean I don't need to submit the letter from UK Naric?
No you dont. Make a note to that effect in your cover letter
Earnings: I am planning to provide a letter from HR and my bank account statement for the evidences. I can ask the HR to write the letter in English. However, My salary is increased in the middle of the year. Should that letter state only the current annual salary or the history of my salary from 12 months that I claim?
Ask them to give details of monthly disbursals (tabulated in the form of Gross, tax, other deductions and net salary credited to A/c number) See below
What the employer's letter must show
You must send a letter on company headed paper from your current and/or previous employer(s) which clearly shows:
your earnings during period claimed; and
the date and amount of each payment; and
your gross and net pay; and
that it is dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed
For the Bank Account, should I submit 12 months full period or only the page where the salary got credited to our account? And if the Bank statement is not in English, should I translate all? I mean the name of the company is stated and does not required any translation to be understood.
12 months continuous - why take chance. Get a certified translation. I got even the official stamp of the IT officer translated in English
Maintenance Funds: If I have to provide 12 months full period of my bank statement for Earning evidence, do I need to provide a double last 3 months for Maintenance Funds evidence? It's the same bank account, the same statement.
No. Explain that in your cover letter.
For my dependant's maintenance Funds evidence, should I also provide another copy of the same period same bank account?
Yes, it will make life easier for the caseworker
regards,
push