ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong stamp was given on my passport on arrival

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Wrong stamp was given on my passport on arrival

Post by vvd2212 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello

I need some assistance’s regarding, the wrong stamp given to me on my passport. I went on a holiday on 12 jan and arrived back to uk in 14 feb and instead of giving me a stamp for 14feb the stamp was given as 14 march which is the wrong stamp can some one please help me with.

After coming back home I was sorting the things out so checked my stamping and looked over it and the stamp was given wrong.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Wrong stamp was given on my passport on arrival

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:39 am

It is a particularly big issue and is unlikely to cause future issues BUT if you want to pursue it you need to make a formal complaint to Border Force at the airport / port of arrival. Ensure you include a picture of the stamp.

vvd2212
Newly Registered
India

Post by vvd2212 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 am

So can I go back to Heathrow and make it an official complaint at the immigration counter and also I would like to write a mail and have a written complaint for them.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:19 am

Wasting your time going to the airport, they just won’t readily entertain walk up complaints. They will log it but it will not get actioned there and then.

Send an email complaint.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:58 am

That's not an issue at all, your trips are also recorded electronically. The border officer may have set a wrong month on the stamp and more people got the same during their shift.

Nobody will tell you to take or send your passport somewhere to correct that. Nobody at the airport will re-stamp your passport.

Some travellers don't even get any stamp and they don't face any issues e.g. in future visa applications.

You still can send a complaint if you wish.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Border Force do not record your travel electronically. There is a manifest based data record that is NOT readily available to caseworkers. In time there will be a full digital record on entry derived from passport auto readers. Just not quite there yet.