ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document checklist for visitor visa application and photo

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

UK standard visitor visa-Travel history in application and about the old passport which is cancelled

Post by Nid123 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:37 am

Need relevant information for my brother who is applying for visitor visa for uk .He has eben working in Dubai on residence permit and is in Ireland now on work visa.
1>Does he needs to mention about Dubai visit in his visit history while coming to uk or not since,as he was on residence permit there working since last 10 years, so multiple dates of entry and exit ?
or should he just mention the first entry and last exit date, but it will have a gap of 10 years in between as he was working there.
2>His travel history is all shown on his old passport which is cancelled now, so does he still need to put all of that in his travel history and also attach copy of cancelled passport or
only add the travel history from old cancelled passport but do not attach the cancelled passport?

Please reply soon as need to submit the form urgently.

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

Uk standard visitor visa-For my brother’s and child application form relationship status

Post by Nid123 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm

I live in UK and my brother is planning to come to UK on standard visitor visa on his own expenses(without putting sponsorship but with invitation from me ) with his wife and child-minor.
1>While he is filling in the application form for his child, for the question of “Do you have any family in UK?” when he gives “yes” and for “Their relationship to you” , he is not getting the option of “aunt” , so that he can fill my name there.
Can someone suggest how to put the “Their relationship to you” column if anyone had invited their family with kid.
2>How do i establish my relationship with him as my brother as my surname and his surname different but on my old indian passport which is cancelled now (as i am on British passport now) and his Indian passport have the same father name .Is that good enough proof for establishing the brother-sister relation here?

3>If I am not bearing his expenses as his sponsor, then do I need to submit any of my docs like employment letter, payslip etc ?What docs do i need to submit from my side for his application?I am planning to submit water bill in my name as proof of residence(as he will be staying with me and my british passport .Is that good enough?or i need to submit any of my husband name docs too and passport etc?

3>Is it more chances of getting visa, if i sponsor my brother or if he just takes an invitation letter from me , bearing his old expenses?I am working in uk since last 10 years and i have DOCS needed to sponsor him.
Please reply soon as looking to apply shortly.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Uk standard visitor visa-For my brother’s and child application form relationship status

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:29 am

Nid123 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm
I live in UK and my brother is planning to come to UK on standard visitor visa on his own expenses(without putting sponsorship but with invitation from me ) with his wife and child-minor.
1>While he is filling in the application form for his child, for the question of “Do you have any family in UK?” when he gives “yes” and for “Their relationship to you” , he is not getting the option of “aunt” , so that he can fill my name there.
Can someone suggest how to put the “Their relationship to you” column if anyone had invited their family with kid. He doesn't need to fill that for the child. The child's visa is dependent on the parents. If the parents get, the child would get, if the parents fail, so does the child.
2>How do i establish my relationship with him as my brother as my surname and his surname different but on my old indian passport which is cancelled now (as i am on British passport now) and his Indian passport have the same father name .Is that good enough proof for establishing the brother-sister relation here? Your surname and his would always be different. Once you marry, i assume you would be taking up your married name. A simple letter saying you're siblings is fine. He's only coming to visit, not to join the MI6.

3>If I am not bearing his expenses as his sponsor, then do I need to submit any of my docs like employment letter, payslip etc ?What docs do i need to submit from my side for his application?I am planning to submit water bill in my name as proof of residence(as he will be staying with me and my british passport .Is that good enough?or i need to submit any of my husband name docs too and passport etc? Good enough with a letter of invite.

3>Is it more chances of getting visa, if i sponsor my brother or if he just takes an invitation letter from me , bearing his old expenses?I am working in uk since last 10 years and i have DOCS needed to sponsor him.
Please reply soon as looking to apply shortly. Your brother seems to be self sustaining. Let him use his finances. It's tidier that way.
If you have further questions, ask on this thread.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

Document checklist for visitor visa application and photo

Post by Nid123 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi,
I have few queries regarding visitor visa application form for my brother who is applying from Ireland
1)Regarding the document checklist for the TLS application, does the applicant needs to check mark the list of documents and upload it without signing it as it mentions on their site that they do not need to sign it(before coming to centre), or just upload the checklist with application without check marking the checklist and take print out there to sign it in front of visa office as they ask there?

2)Are there any photos which need to be carried in any uk visitor visa format for the visa application or they will use the facial biometrics for the visa there only at application centre and one does not need to carry any photos?

3)In his form for the "family in uk" , he has mentioned my name in sister and reason as "visiting sister and family, in the invitation letter i am getting my husband signature as well, so should i attach husband passport and minor son passport also , as i am mentioning like i am living in London with my husband and son?

4)for proof of residence , i was planning to put water bill in my name (but it has an outstanding amount which even though i have paid the bill, the balance has not been cleared out), so i was thinking of attaching council tax too as proof of residence but it is only in name of my husband as the house property we live in, is in his sole name.So should i still go ahead and attach the council tax too (only in my husband name)?

Please reply soon as want to submit docs ASAP.
Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Document checklist for visitor visa application and photo

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:54 pm

Nid123 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:53 pm
Hi,
I have few queries regarding visitor visa application form for my brother who is applying from Ireland
1)Regarding the document checklist for the TLS application, does the applicant needs to check mark the list of documents and upload it without signing it as it mentions on their site that they do not need to sign it(before coming to centre), or just upload the checklist with application without check marking the checklist and take print out there to sign it in front of visa office as they ask there? Sign and give to tls during g biometrics is an optiin

2)Are there any photos which need to be carried in any uk visitor visa format for the visa application or they will use the facial biometrics for the visa there only at application centre and one does not need to carry any photos? No, photo will be taken during biometrics appointment.

3)In his form for the "family in uk" , he has mentioned my name in sister and reason as "visiting sister and family, in the invitation letter i am getting my husband signature as well, so should i attach husband passport and minor son passport also , as i am mentioning like i am living in London with my husband and son?
You may
4)for proof of residence , i was planning to put water bill in my name (but it has an outstanding amount which even though i have paid the bill, the balance has not been cleared out), so i was thinking of attaching council tax too as proof of residence but it is only in name of my husband as the house property we live in, is in his sole name.So should i still go ahead and attach the council tax too (only in my husband name)? Not an issue

Please reply soon as want to submit docs ASAP.
Thanks.

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nid123 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:56 pm

Regarding point 4, for water bill should i attach the old water bill with outstanding balance (even though i have paid the bill) until march 2024 this year or new bill at fixed rate from april 2024 onwards until next year 2025.Along with should i attach the council tax or not which is in sole name of my husband?

Thanks
Reply awaited.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:14 am

Nid123 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:56 pm
Regarding point 4, for water bill should i attach the old water bill with outstanding balance (even though i have paid the bill) until march 2024 this year or new bill at fixed rate from april 2024 onwards until next year 2025.It does not marrer whichever one you attach Along with should i attach the council tax or not which is in sole name of my husband? Not an issue

Thanks
Reply awaited.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:43 am

Nid123 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:56 pm
Regarding point 4, for water bill should i attach the old water bill... Along with should i attach the council tax or not which is in sole name of my husband?
Utility and council tax bills are not proof of residence for this purpose. For a visitor visa application those documents are useless - not required!

See the guide to supporting documents
13. Documents you should not use as evidence
Some types of documents are less useful as evidence in visit applications. These include:

sponsor’s utility bills
sponsor’s council tax bills
A sponsor's proof of residence is the visa, BRP or British passport.
3. If you have a sponsor
If someone else (your sponsor) is providing your travel, maintenance or accommodation you should provide evidence showing:
  • what support is being provided and whether it extends to any dependent family
  • how this support is being provided
  • the person supporting you has enough funds to adequately support themselves and their dependents
  • the relationship between you and the sponsor, for example if they’re your family member or your employer
  • the person supporting you is legally in the UK (if applicable), for example if they have a British passport or residence document

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nid123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:57 pm

My brother is bearing his own expenses, so thats why i was not attaching any of my employment letter or payslip docs.Residence proof I was putting either council tax or water bill to show that he will be staying with me and I have a valid address.This is where I was thinking of either attaching council tax in my husband name and/or water bill in my name. so was gathering opinion about attaching both or only one ?Thanks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm

You don't need to attach any bills, those are not useful (read the guidance posted above :!:).

I believe that we always should avoid loading these applications with useless documents!

To demonstrate the accommodation support you will provide as a sponsor of your brother, you only need to attach a copy of your tenancy agreement if you're renting or home ownership/mortgage document if you're the owner of the property.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:56 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm
You don't need to attach any bills, those are not useful (read the guidance posted above :!:).

I believe that we always should avoid loading these applications with useless documents!

To demonstrate the accommodation support you will provide as a sponsor of your brother, you only need to attach a copy of your tenancy agreement if you're renting or home ownership/mortgage document if you're the owner of the property.
Attaching an utility bill isn't a requirement neither is it useless. Stop saying authoritatively that the OP shouldn't attach it. Also, it's not a useless document as it shows proof of address.
This is where I was thinking of either attaching council tax in my husband name and/or water bill in my name. so was gathering opinion about attaching both or only one ?
Either one is fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:42 pm

???

The authority here is UKVI, that's the reason why I'm citing the official guidance:
13. Documents you should not use as evidence
Some types of documents are less useful as evidence in visit applications. These include:

sponsor’s utility bills
sponsor’s council tax bills
Link above.

I think the instruction (you should not use as evidence) is quite clear... instruction from UKVI, who is the authority, not mine!

Nid123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nid123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:44 pm

I am not sponsoring him like he has mentioned in the question answer that he will be bearing his own expenses.
Only in family in uk he has mentioned my name sister that he will be visiting me and hence i was thinking of attaching water bill only in my name or council tax(only in name of husband) and not both as then not sure if they get confused why they giving 2 docs for residence proof both in sole different names.I am getting the invitation letter signed by husband also.