ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certifying documents for citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joanfar
Philippines

Certifying documents for citizenship application

Post by joanfar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 am

Good day,

We are in the process of applying for my husband’s citizenship (he is a UK national). Does anyone know for certain if the person that can certify his documents (bio page of passport , birth certificate) has to be a practicing solicitor? It only shows on the website “solicitor”. I know of a retired solicitor who says he can do it if it doesn’t say “practicing solicitor”. Thanks

peace23
Ireland

Re: Certifying documents for citizenship application

Post by peace23 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:25 am

joanfar wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 am
Good day,

We are in the process of applying for my husband’s citizenship (he is a UK national). Does anyone know for certain if the person that can certify his documents (bio page of passport , birth certificate) has to be a practicing solicitor? It only shows on the website “solicitor”. I know of a retired solicitor who says he can do it if it doesn’t say “practicing solicitor”. Thanks
No, it can be either Commissioner for Oaths , Peace Commissioner , notary or solicitor