ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dinibhudia
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension

Post by dinibhudia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:50 pm

Spouse visa extension due

1. I would like to know what form to use and route to go down? Is it still partner route? We now have a daughter, British citizen. (3years old, our visa was delayed due to lockdown) Does this affect my spouse visa application in any way??

2. My wife will be financially supporting me as it’s easier as she has payslips and I am selfemployed. Both of us meet financial requirement.

3. Would it make any difference if I submit any financial information as now I have a daughter and it asks how I support them financially?

4. It asks if I would be able to live abroad? I’m saying no as I don’t have anything to go back for I have been living here in uk for 7.5 years. I am now on a 10 year route.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by dinibhudia » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:05 pm

1. I would like to know what form to use and route to go down? Is it still partner route? We now have a daughter, British citizen. (3years old, our visa was delayed due to lockdown) Does this affect my spouse visa application in any way??

2. My wife will be financially supporting me as it’s easier as she has payslips and I am selfemployed. Both of us meet financial requirement. Would it make any difference if I submit any financial information as now I have a daughter and it asks how I support them financially?

4. It asks if I would be able to live abroad? I’m saying no as I don’t have anything to go back for I have been living here in uk for 7.5 years. I am now on a 10 year route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm

You posted late last night the first time. It is weekend, today is Sunday. We are all unpaid volunteers with our own families and commitments. Members will respond when and if they choose to do so!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Form FLR(M).
2. My wife will be financially supporting me as it’s easier as she has payslips and I am selfemployed. Both of us meet financial requirement.

Fine to use wife income.
3. Would it make any difference if I submit any financial information as now I have a daughter and it asks how I support them financially?
You only submit financial information for the person whose income you are relying on.
Don't confuse a FLR(M) spouse visa on the 5 year route with what you state as the 10 year route. A 10 year route is a specific visa route when you don't meet the English or income requirements or are relying on a visa based on private life.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dinibhudia » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:30 pm

Thankyou or your reply.

1. We now have a daughter, British citizen. (3years old, our visa was delayed due to lockdown) Does this affect my spouse visa application in any way??

2. Provide details of the role you take in xxxxx upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements. could you give examples.... it sounds silly but I know exactly what I do to be the best dad.

2. We applied for ILR which was reused and Home office granted us with another 30 months leave to remain route, so apologies not 10 year route. Spouse visa extension FLR (M).

3. Need some advice on this question -
"If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?"
my response is Trinidad and Tobago, being from there.

4. "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?" Yes
Please explain fully I have a British born daughter and have lived here prior and since she was born. There is no life left for me in Trinidad and Tobago and I truly have built a life here with my wife and child. I only visited my home country for a funeral of a close family member who was a father figure for me. With no one around no more I don't have any reason to be there or build a new life there. I don't have any connections or financial background there and it would be difficult for me to start a new life there.

Is that sufficient?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:22 am

dinibhudia wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:30 pm
Thankyou or your reply.

1. We now have a daughter, British citizen. (3years old, our visa was delayed due to lockdown) Does this affect my spouse visa application in any way?? Was it after application your daughter was birthed or her details already included in application or cover letter?

2. Provide details of the role you take in xxxxx upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements. could you give examples.... it sounds silly but I know exactly what I do to be the best dad. Not silly, So state the things you do that makes you the best dad.

2. We applied for ILR which was reused and Home office granted us with another 30 months leave to remain route, so apologies not 10 year route. Spouse visa extension FLR (M).

3. Need some advice on this question -
"If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?"
my response is Trinidad and Tobago, being from there.

4. "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?" Yes
Please explain fully I have a British born daughter and have lived here prior and since she was born. There is no life left for me in Trinidad and Tobago and I truly have built a life here with my wife and child. I only visited my home country for a funeral of a close family member who was a father figure for me. With no one around no more I don't have any reason to be there or build a new life there. I don't have any connections or financial background there and it would be difficult for me to start a new life there.

Is that sufficient?
It should suffice, some of the questions without even answering will not impact the decision or outcome.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dinibhudia » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:40 pm

It was after my application I gave birth. No cover letter was given. As we found out in the first lockdown and then the whole visa backlog etc.

Thankyou for your feedback.