ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Youth Mobility Visa For PSW ?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samarahmedmohammed1
Newly Registered
India

Youth Mobility Visa For PSW ?

Post by samarahmedmohammed1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:44 pm

Hello,

I have a question, If someone is in U.K on PSW are they also eligible to apply for Youth mobility visa as there is a ballot which will start soon for Indian Nationals. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Youth Mobility Visa For PSW ?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:51 pm

You have to apply from India. You cannot switch to that category of visa within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:04 pm

samarahmedmohammed1 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:44 pm
Hello,

I have a question, If someone is in U.K on PSW are they also eligible to apply for Youth mobility visa as there is a ballot which will start soon for Indian Nationals. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks
You must be outside of the UK when you apply and will not able to switch to the India Young Professionals Scheme visa from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

samarahmedmohammed1
Newly Registered
India

Post by samarahmedmohammed1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 pm

I was confused on this as I saw in the Immigration Rules Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme.

YMS 3.3. A person applying for entry clearance must not have previously spent time in the UK on the Youth Mobility Scheme route.

Also here

When you cannot apply
You cannot apply if you have:

children under the age of 18 who live with you
children you’re financially responsible for
already been in the UK under the scheme

By any chance is there any reference that says can't switch within U.K to this visa ?

Appreciate your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:29 pm

You cannot switch to this category of visa within the UK regardless of what UK visa you currently hold. This has always been the case for this category visa.

If you could switch, the UKVI would have a page telling you that you can, it does not have this.

You must apply from India, even more so because for India, it is through a ballot (which doesn't apply to all countries that qualify for the YMS visa).

If you choose to take the risk, it will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Even when you try to apply for a visa, system doesn't let you to do it - it says that you "cannot apply for a UK viaa from within the UK". Try It yourself.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.