ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Catagory A or B Spouse Visa

Post by bayernsa123 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:04 pm

I am an agency worker, I get paid weekly. During the month of December I did not get a payslip for 1 week. This was due to me getting married abroad, and I didn't have enough accrued holidays so 1 week my pay was 0, hence no payslip.

I have been employed for nearly 2 years with no breaks in my employment by my agency. I would meet the financial requirements whether I show 6 or 12 months income. But as I'm missing a single week payslip I'm not sure which category I apply as.

I'm missing a payslip, it not a payslip with just 0. My employment letter states that have been with them "June 2022 - present", would this be sufficiently seen as no breaks in employment, despite 1 week missing payslip.

Also if I fail on cat A, will they ask for additional 26 weeks payslip + 6 months bank statement, or just refuse cos I can only give 25 weeks right now. Agency confirmed they don't produce a 0 payslip.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Catagory A or B Spouse Visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:04 pm

As long as your meet the income requirement cat A or B you meet it with or without the missing payslip.
To be safe I would go for the 12 months route as it takes out the potential issue under the 6 months route.

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bayernsa123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:09 am

My 6 months is total £11000 gross, so using the x2 multiplier I would be £22k gross using 6 months payslips. It would be a little less using 12 months payslips but still well over the 18.6k.

Getting conflicting info, some saying missing payslip will be an issue some saying it won't, I don't want to have to submit 51 different payslips.

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bayernsa123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:09 am

My 6 months is total £11000 gross, so using the x2 multiplier I would be £22k gross using 6 months payslips. It would be a little less using 12 months payslips but still well over the 18.6k.

Getting conflicting info, some saying missing payslip will be an issue some saying it won't, I don't want to have to submit 51 different payslips.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:44 pm

The submission is electronic- so you can scan them and send them on.

It all depends on how risk adverse you want to be. Belts and braces it is the twelve month route. It is your call.

The absence of one weeks pay is not a major issue normally but some over thinking caseworker might have a different opinion.

Good luck and wishing you and your spouse a successful application

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employment Letter for Spouse Visa

Post by bayernsa123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:19 pm

This might seem like a silly query but I'm not sure how petty visa officers are haha.

I'm an agency worker, my employment letter says in bullet points

contracted hours: 37

rate: 12.84 pounds

employment date: July 2022 - present

contract type: agency

It does say payslips provided by them are genuine

No signature or stamp, it's signed off electronically print name, and their department.

Also it's addressed to me rather than generic "dear Entry Clearence officer"

Is this fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Employment Letter for Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:28 am

bayernsa123 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:19 pm
This might seem like a silly query but I'm not sure how petty visa officers are haha.

No signature or stamp, it's signed off electronically print name, and their department.

Is this fine?

It should be okay.

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bayernsa123 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:28 pm

Would it be obvious that an agency worker is non salaried or will that need to be explicitly stated in my employee letter.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:32 pm

If it states you are an agency worker on the employment letter then that is all it needs.
It is not an issue that your income comes from agency work.

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bayernsa123 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 pm

I just don't want them to calculate based on salary, cos then my income would be 0, as one week I got 0, so they would take the lowest amount from the previous 6 months (26 weeks in my case) and multiply that by 12 (52 in my case). My calculation should be based on avg as a non salaried employee.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:28 am
bayernsa123 wrote:

Is this fine?

It should be okay.
Hi bayernsa123, AmazonianX

I'm curious to understand whether, in your case, the hourly rate mentioned in the letter from the agency is inclusive of the agency's margins or if it is stated before they deduct their fees. The reason for my inquiry is that I also work for an agency, and on my payslip, it specifies "Invoice Reconciliation (does not form part of your payslip)." which is a bit confusing as it is divided into two sections:

I can see my rate 14.70 hours before tax and agency margins, deductions, my question is whether this figure will be used by (HO) to calculate my income.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:39 pm

They use your base hourly rate before deductions. It is a bit unusual to see agency deductions taken from the base hourly rate. In law an agency cannot charge you for working through them hence it does look a bit strange. All their charges etc should be taken before your base rate. So that might put a question mark in the mind of the caseworker.

If you take the agency charge away from your base hourly rate will the figure still meet the requirements

Are you under a self employed type contract where the agency bills on your behalf?

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:39 pm
They use your base hourly rate before deductions. It is a bit unusual to see agency deductions taken from the base hourly rate. In law an agency cannot charge you for working through them hence it does look a bit strange. All their charges etc should be taken before your base rate. So that might put a question mark in the mind of the caseworker.

If you take the agency charge away from your base hourly rate will the figure still meet the requirements

Are you under a self employed type contract where the agency bills on your behalf?
Hi Frontier Mole,

I am employed by a recruitment agency and receive my payment through an umbrella company via PAYE.

The umbrella company has communicated to me that despite being initially hired by the agency, they function as my employer, handling my PAYE, payslip, and providing any relevant employment letters.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 pm

As you function under an umbrella company then I am not entirely sure what your position is. I don’t know the rules for payment / salary etc under these circumstances.

bayernsa123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bayernsa123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:29 pm

Adam20 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:32 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:28 am
bayernsa123 wrote:

Is this fine?

It should be okay.
Hi bayernsa123, AmazonianX

I'm curious to understand whether, in your case, the hourly rate mentioned in the letter from the agency is inclusive of the agency's margins or if it is stated before they deduct their fees. The reason for my inquiry is that I also work for an agency, and on my payslip, it specifies "Invoice Reconciliation (does not form part of your payslip)." which is a bit confusing as it is divided into two sections:

I can see my rate 14.70 hours before tax and agency margins, deductions, my question is whether this figure will be used by (HO) to calculate my income.
The letter just states my hourly rate, this rate is reflected in my payslip. I'm unable to help with the rest of the post, sorry.