ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP Route (Proof of application)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

FLR FP Route (Proof of application)

Post by samwise1 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently submitted my FLR FP application and biometrics also done.

Summary:

I'm overstayer from past 12 years plus 1 n half year of lawful residence and now civil partnered with my partner who is a settled person in uk. Applied via EX1 private route.

Questions:
- Do i get some kind of proof that I've applied for the FLR FP application ?
- Will UKVI provide me with an account ?
- Will i get right to work or rent rights while my application is being processed ?

Please do add anything if I'm missing any information which i should know. Just trying to get right information.

unknownt
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: FLR FP Route (Proof of application)

Post by unknownt » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:31 pm

- The only proof you will get is an email saying your application has been submitted after getting your biometrics done.
- If you had a previous visa before you put in this one, you would have: Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 extends a person's leave in order to preserve their lawful status and entitlements until they get a decision on their new application from the Home Office.
- You can continue working/renting if you were prior to your application under the section 3C

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:23 pm

samwise1 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:07 pm
plus 1 n half year of lawful residence
If you submitted your application after being on a visa - comment above with section 3C applies to you. Otherwise, if you were an overstayer previously, I am not sure if you get any sort of protection like that.
What was your situation before applying?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Hi Both,

I much appreciate your input.

@meself2

Yes, I put in FLR FP while I'm an overstayer, so I do get your point that I won't have the rights.

So the follow-up question would be:

- What if they detain me? Is that possible? They can say you don't have any rights regardless of your application to the home office.
- I'm slightly confused about this situation.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:30 pm

When you entered into your civil partnership you would have had to get permission to o so from the Home Office as a foreign national. This assumes you formed your civil partnership at a Registery Office and not a religious ceremony.

If it was through the Registery Office then the HO knows of your existence and could have taken action to remove you or prevent the civil partnership. If they decided not to take that action then that increases your probability of a positive outcome from your application.

Do you have any rights to work or rent - No

Can you still be detained and removed - technically yes - but highly unlikely especially as you have a pending application.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Hi @Frontier Mole

You're spot on. Indeed, we did go through the Registry office, and HO allowed us to go through civil partnership within 2 days of lodging our intentions to partner (2 days doesn't matter, I know). We also didn't have any religious ceremony.

Increasing probability sounds good, but obviously, fingers crossed, haha

Understood & Noted :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond.