ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Certificate - postcode error

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation Certificate - postcode error

Post by Geor » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:14 pm

Hi, I've received my Naturalisation Certificate today and noticed a postcode error. I live in Northern Ireland and on the cert it is BT-- -N-. The letter should be B instead of N.

What should I do? I will want to apply for an Irish passport at some stage but my application will obviously show the slightly different postcode.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation Certificate - postcode error

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:40 pm

a) check in your submissions whether you put the correct postcode down
b).ask them about it; if you have correct address, you might have a better chance of getting a reply
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Geor
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Geor » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:49 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:40 pm
a) check in your submissions whether you put the correct postcode down
b).ask them about it; if you have correct address, you might have a better chance of getting a reply
Thanks. Where can I check my earlier submissions online and how would I contact to ask them about it? From experience it has been a lottery whether I got any responses back from them by email during the application process.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:15 pm

Geor wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:49 pm
Where can I check my earlier submissions online
Not sure about earlier, but I assumed you at least paid online; check whatever is up there on your account.
Contacting them is indeed a long game - I'd put something like "certificate error" in the subject line and see when they get back.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.