ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost naturalization certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Lost naturalization certificate

Post by samiat1970 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:13 am

Dear forum members.

I need a clarification about a lost naturalization certificate please.

I sent my naturalization certificate together with my international passport to hmpo, for my passport.

Unfortunately, HMPO lost my naturalization certificate and after mounting so much pressure on them, they have now agreed to pay £250 and ordered a replacement certificate on my behalf.

My question is, how long does it take to get a replacement certificate?

I wil really appreciate anyone willing to answer my question.

Kind regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Lost naturalization certificate

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:02 am

it will take a few weeks I imagine. Are they returning your passport in the meantime? no point in them keeping your documents if they can't process your application. will the new certificate arrive to you or them?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:23 pm

It's hard to say how long it will take.

Normally, if HMPO loses your document, you request a replacement and then ask HMPO to refund your expense. If you want HMPO to replace the document on your behalf, it will take much longer and totally out of your control.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:02 am
it will take a few weeks I imagine. Are they returning your passport in the meantime? no point in them keeping your documents if they can't process your application. will the new certificate arrive to you or them?

Thanks for your reply. They new naturalization certificate will arrive to them.

They have kept my application on hold until it arrives.

My only worries is, how long it will take to arrive.

Thank you

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:36 am

samiat1970 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:02 am

Thanks for your reply. They new naturalization certificate will arrive to them.

They have kept my application on hold until it arrives.

My only worries is, how long it will take to arrive.

Thank you

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:41 am

SupperDog wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:23 pm
It's hard to say how long it will take.

Normally, if HMPO loses your document, you request a replacement and then ask HMPO to refund your expense. If you want HMPO to replace the document on your behalf, it will take much longer and totally out of your control.
Thanks for the reply. They have ordered a replacement now, according to what shows on their system today evening.

The replacement naturalization certificate is going to them directly.

Initially, they wanted me to pay for a new one but I refused and i escalated my complaint to the customer management service team.

I prayed it arrives in time.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 am

I hope this is resolved quickly. It would likely help other members if you posted a timeline of what has been happening and the steps you took to resolve it.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 am
I hope this is resolved quickly. It would likely help other members if you posted a timeline of what has been happening and the steps you took to resolve it.

Thanks for the reply again. My story: I submitted my passport together with my naturalization certificate (in same envelope) via royal mail special delivery on 12th of January.

I tracked it on HMPO website frequently and on 17th of January, it was marked as 'document received'.

Moving forward, as from 19th of January, I started receiving emails and text messages that I need to send my documents, I was shocked.

I got in touch telling them that documents already sent and been received by HMPO. But they changed the narrative by telling me that they only received my passport only.

I explained to them that all my naturalization certificate was posted in same envelope as my passport. And this is where the problem began.

Whenever I sent an email or call the customer assistant, they gives various messages I.e we have received your certificate but hasn't been uploaded on our system, we have not received your certificate etc.

After bombarding them with calls and messages, I got a call from one of their boss on the 1st of February 2024 that they actually received my naturalization certificate on the 25th of January and its waiting to be uploaded on their system. He also advised me to ignore Any text message or text stating that my certificate was missing. He also promised to upload it immediately same day.

After the confidence imposed in me by the caller, I suddenly started receiving an email from HMPO, requesting my naturalization certificate lol. 'This brought us to where we started from'.

I started calling and texting everyday again, but all to no avail.

I escalated my story to their customer management service team. They got back to me after almost 10 days, stating that my naturalization certificate could not be found and they promised to pay and ordered another a replacement.

I hope this get sorted soon.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply again. My story: I submitted my passport together with my naturalization certificate (in same envelope) via royal mail special delivery on 12th of January.

I tracked it on HMPO website frequently and on 17th of January, it was marked as 'document received'.

Moving forward, as from 19th of January, I started receiving emails and text messages that I need to send my documents, I was shocked.

I got in touch telling them that documents already sent and been received by HMPO. But they changed the narrative by telling me that they only received my passport only.

I explained to them that all my naturalization certificate was posted in same envelope as my passport. And this is where the problem began.

Whenever I sent an email or call the customer assistant, they gives various messages I.e we have received your certificate but hasn't been uploaded on our system, we have not received your certificate etc.

After bombarding them with calls and messages, I got a call from one of their boss on the 1st of February 2024 that they actually received my naturalization certificate on the 25th of January and its waiting to be uploaded on their system. He also advised me to ignore Any text message or text stating that my certificate was missing. He also promised to upload it immediately same day.

After the confidence imposed in me by the caller, I suddenly started receiving an email from HMPO, requesting my naturalization certificate lol. 'This brought us to where we started from'.

I started calling and texting everyday again, but all to no avail.

I escalated my story to their customer management service team. They got back to me after almost 10 days, stating that my naturalization certificate could not be found and they promised to pay and ordered another a replacement.

I hope this get sorted soon.

Garrick58
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by Garrick58 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Hi, can you please suggest which number you used to call passport office. Their general enquiry number 0300 222 0000 doesn't allow to go past automated responses.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Garrick58 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 pm
Hi, can you please suggest which number you used to call passport office. Their general enquiry number 0300 222 0000 doesn't allow to go past automated responses.

.hi. its same number. Choose option 1 and 1 again. Any question the automated machine ask just Choose option 1.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Garrick58 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 pm

.hi. its same number. Choose option 1 and 1 again. Any question the automated machine ask just Choose option 1.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:48 pm

How did you escalate to the customer manager team?

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:49 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:48 pm
How did you escalate to the customer manager team?
Ask the customer assistant that you would like them to escalate ur case to the customer service management team. Make sure they do that while you are on call with them, because they are useless

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Thanks for elaborating. Please do keep us posted with when they get the new certificate/you get your passport.