ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are depandants reqd to accompany -ILR application in person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uishah
Newly Registered

Are depandants reqd to accompany -ILR application in person

Post by uishah » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Hello,

I would like to get clarification on the following:

- Are dependants required to accompany for an ILR application ( 1+3+1 = 5 years on HSMP visa) with me in a PEO?

I have two small kids( 2years and 5years) and my wife

When I asked the above to the person making an appointment in person for a PEO I was advised to bring them along and when I phoned again I was advised that I am not required to bring them as it is mentioned no where that depandants have to be brought for ILR- Set(0) HSMP?

- It is stated in the SET (O) guidance note that the premium service of applying in person is not available for applications as a businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed lawyer, Tier 1 migrant or Tier 2 migrant . ( It does not include HSMP)

However in the link in the Ukba wesbite it is stated
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

The offices cannot consider your application if you are:

a person with exceptional leave to remain;
a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
applying for permanent residence on the basis of 14 years' residence;
applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme; ( this is not stating for ILR)
a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor (form BUS)
a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant.

Specific schemes

The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:

(Croydon only) science and engineering graduate scheme - form SEGS;
fresh talent: working in Scotland scheme - form FT:WISS;
international graduate scheme - form IGS; or
highly skilled migrant programme - form SET (0). [/b] ( This states for ILR)
The offices cannot consider any cases that are not covered by the immigration rules, are complex or made by someone who has a poor immigration history. These applications must be posted to the address given on the application form

Please advise as whther I should go to the PEO office to get my ILR extension even after they have given me an appoint though the above link states that a HSMP - ILR set(o) application will not be considered for in person ?

Hoping to hear from someone very soon,

Thanks,
uishah

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.