ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moviedude92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by moviedude92 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:08 pm

Certificate received today. Post date 15/02/2024.
Ceremony 18/12, 3pm.

moviedude92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by moviedude92 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm

Certificate received today, post date 15/02/2024.
Ceremony 18/12, 3pm.

Beatrixkiddo123
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Beatrixkiddo123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:05 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:01 am
my friend who attended the ceremony on 19th 10 am just received his certificate.
I’ve attended the same ceremony and nothing yet…doesn’t make sense at all the order in which they sent the certificates.
Disappointing as i am really waiting on it so i can apply for the passport straight…

archermoo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by archermoo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 am

I attended the 3pm ceremony on the 18th of December and just received my certificate in the post. It looks to have been printed on 31 January and was posted 15 February.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting!

Vrnra
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Vrnra » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:24 pm

also received today for 3 pm ceremony 18th December
posted on 15th feb.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm

Two months and counting since the ceremony just to receive a single, albeit very important document is completely unacceptable!

ronconeej
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by ronconeej » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:15 pm

Hey All - So I was in the ceremony on the 19th of December@ 1pm. No certificate yet!!

BUT a question for all, My IRP is close to expiring and I have plans to travel. Do I need to renew considering I went through the ceremony?? As you all know the DOJ website is less than helpful and I have a better chance of winning the lottery then I do of getting an email response back from CitizenshipInfo. Hopefully one of you have gone through this!

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm

ronconeej wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:15 pm
Hey All - So I was in the ceremony on the 19th of December@ 1pm. No certificate yet!!

BUT a question for all, My IRP is close to expiring and I have plans to travel. Do I need to renew considering I went through the ceremony?? As you all know the DOJ website is less than helpful and I have a better chance of winning the lottery then I do of getting an email response back from CitizenshipInfo. Hopefully one of you have gone through this!
You won't be able to renew it, now that you are an Irish citizen.

I would assume that your best bet would be to apply for the stamp 6 on your original passport and have that as the record of your Irish citizenship for the time being. You can contact the department at DRPCustomerservice@justice.ie for instructions on getting the stamp.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:59 pm

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm
ronconeej wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:15 pm

You won't be able to renew it, now that you are an Irish citizen.

I would assume that your best bet would be to apply for the stamp 6 on your original passport and have that as the record of your Irish citizenship for the time being. You can contact the department at DRPCustomerservice@justice.ie for instructions on getting the stamp.
Do you know for sure that you wont be able to renew it ? Has anybody actually tried it before ?

mrjones92
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by mrjones92 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:08 pm

Has anybody actually tried it before
I want to share experience on this — my IRP card was expiring February 9th; as I'm based outside of Dublin, I wrote by email (Kildare Garda Station) to explain my situation with the certificate of naturalisation and request for renewal appointment.

I got a call back shortly after my email. The immigration officer was asking about how it came that I attended a citizenship ceremony but did not receive certificate of naturalisation (appears to be unaware of changes in DoJ procedures).

As a result I've got a temporary extension for 4 months, without need to attend immigration office or pay a registration fee. A new IRP card arrived about 10 days later by post

Attended ceremony: 3pm @ 19/12/23, waiting

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:17 pm

mrjones92 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:08 pm
I want to share experience on this — my IRP card was expiring February 9th; as I'm based outside of Dublin, I wrote by email (Kildare Garda Station) to explain my situation with the certificate of naturalisation and request for renewal appointment.

I got a call back shortly after my email. The immigration officer was asking about how it came that I attended a citizenship ceremony but did not receive certificate of naturalisation (appears to be unaware of changes in DoJ procedures).

As a result I've got a temporary extension for 4 months, without need to attend immigration office or pay a registration fee. A new IRP card arrived about 10 days later by post

Thanks for sharing. It helps a lot

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:54 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm
Two months and counting since the ceremony just to receive a single, albeit very important document is completely unacceptable!
I fully agree with you. Additional ceremonies are going to be held next week, which will only increase the backlog... I was positive about 45 days delivery but It's being now more than 2 months waiting for it and it seems a none sense... I'm lucky enough that I'm an EU citizen and I don't need a visa but not having any view about when the certificate will be issued is disappointing.

Attended 19th of December@ 1pm ceremony.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 pm

Balea wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:54 pm
sairsint wrote:
I fully agree with you. Additional ceremonies are going to be held next week, which will only increase the backlog... I was positive about 45 days delivery but It's being now more than 2 months waiting for it and it seems a none sense... I'm lucky enough that I'm an EU citizen and I don't need a visa but not having any view about when the certificate will be issued is disappointing.

This issue needs to be addressed to TDs to raise the awareness and query the minister/department. It’s completely unacceptable to lengthen people’s potential immigration/travel/rights by months just because they can’t or wont issue this document at the ceremony.

Telling people they are now citizens at the ceremony is all well and good until the “citizen” needs to prove it with absolutely no documentation.

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am

sairsint wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 pm
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

This issue needs to be addressed to TDs to raise the awareness and query the minister/department. It’s completely unacceptable to lengthen people’s potential immigration/travel/rights by months just because they can’t or wont issue this document at the ceremony.

Telling people they are now citizens at the ceremony is all well and good until the “citizen” needs to prove it with absolutely no documentation.
I fully agree with you. I'm fine with not having the certificate but they should issue a document that states that you have been granted your naturalisation during the ceremony. In that way, people could justify their status and start issuing their passports.

ronconeej
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by ronconeej » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 am

mrjones92 wrote:

Thank you soo much!! Just got off with the Kildare Garda Station and you are right they are great to deal with and seem that they are frustrated with the DoJ Procedures as well!! Hopefully my card will show up just as fast as yours did!!

Now the question is which will show up first the naturalization paperwork or the cert?? Either way I need one of them to they show up before the flight takes off :) I feel like a crazy person a knock at the door --- has me yelling "I'll get it" over and over

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am

ronconeej wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 am
mrjones92 wrote:

Thank you soo much!! Just got off with the Kildare Garda Station and you are right they are great to deal with and seem that they are frustrated with the DoJ Procedures as well!! Hopefully my card will show up just as fast as yours did!!

Now the question is which will show up first the naturalization paperwork or the cert?? Either way I need one of them to they show up before the flight takes off :) I feel like a crazy person a knock at the door --- has me yelling "I'll get it" over and over
I still have time to worry about IRP expiration but i kinda wish i lived in Kildare :-) I dont think i could get on a call with someone in Dublin :-)

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am

Balea wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

I fully agree with you. I'm fine with not having the certificate but they should issue a document that states that you have been granted your naturalisation during the ceremony. In that way, people could justify their status and start issuing their passports.
I will be taking a picture of the signed declaration at the ceremony. Unfortunately this will be the only proof I will have that I attended should there be any issues receiving my certificate “at a later date.”

It’s unbelievable that people are still waiting to receive their certificates from a ceremony that took place over two months ago. I’ve made a request to a TD about this since my partner is one of them and they will be making a parliamentary query on the matter. How the department can think this is acceptable is beyond me.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:23 am

I try to avoid email inquiries but wanted to try once see what they have to say. As expected i received one of those generic responses. slightly better than in due course

>Dear Sir/Madam,

Certificates of naturalisation from the December ceremonies continue to be printed and issued.

Your patience on this matter is appreciated.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:29 am

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:23 am
I try to avoid email inquiries but wanted to try once see what they have to say. As expected i received one of those generic responses. slightly better than in due course

>Dear Sir/Madam,

Certificates of naturalisation from the December ceremonies continue to be printed and issued.

I agree that it’s better than the typical due course response, but it’s still unacceptable to have people waiting literally months after the ceremony to get on with their lives.

It’s not as if they didn’t know the high number of applicants in the backlog and couldn’t be more prepared to print these very important documents. You’d almost think they only have one printer creating all of them.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:44 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:29 am
cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:23 am

>Dear Sir/Madam,

I agree that it’s better than the typical due course response, but it’s still unacceptable to have people waiting literally months after the ceremony to get on with their lives.

It’s not as if they didn’t know the high number of applicants in the backlog and couldn’t be more prepared to print these very important documents. You’d almost think they only have one printer creating all of them.
Totally agree but not surprised. After all this country had something called reentry visa . Folks who legally resided in this country needed to get a tourist visa to be able to enter the country. Both were issued in the same office but what you needed to do was to first get your GNIB card and then go to the nearest post office and mail your reentry visa application to the same office you left. So my expectation is really low. I suspect there is a lengthy approval process for printed certificates.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:48 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

I will be taking a picture of the signed declaration at the ceremony. Unfortunately this will be the only proof I will have that I attended should there be any issues receiving my certificate “at a later date.”

It’s unbelievable that people are still waiting to receive their certificates from a ceremony that took place over two months ago. I’ve made a request to a TD about this since my partner is one of them and they will be making a parliamentary query on the matter. How the department can think this is acceptable is beyond me.
Thanks for the parliamentary query request. I hope it works but i believe there will be one of those generic responses and no probing questions from the TD. I believe we should perhaps raise it with RTE news. They made a piece about the ceremony maybe they want to follow up

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:54 am

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:48 am
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

Thanks for the parliamentary query request. I hope it works but i believe there will be one of those generic responses and no probing questions from the TD. I believe we should perhaps raise it with RTE news. They made a piece about the ceremony maybe they want to follow up
That's because the majority of parliamentary queries are made in written form which does not allow for an immediate response by the TD.

I agree though, it will likely return some generic response made by the department/minister, mostly because they do not have a good answer. If nothing else, it continues to raise (and document) the issue publicly because it's completely unacceptable for them to continue to operate in this way.

ronconeej
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by ronconeej » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:02 am

sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

This could be as simple as a stamp in our passports when we are signing - at the ceremony they review out IRPs and Passports anyways. But the stamp would mean that we could then not have to worry about our IRPs expiring or the inability to start the paperwork for a passport!

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:16 am

ronconeej wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:02 am
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:

This could be as simple as a stamp in our passports when we are signing - at the ceremony they review out IRPs and Passports anyways. But the stamp would mean that we could then not have to worry about our IRPs expiring or the inability to start the paperwork for a passport!
The problem is that they simply dont care.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 am

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:16 am
ronconeej wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:02 am
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:
sairsint wrote:
Balea wrote:

The problem is that they simply dont care.
Truest statement yet!!! Its not their problem.