ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important Question Please Advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

Important Question Please Advise

Post by tahire » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 am

hi, im trying to put in an application for a spouse visa from Pakistan for my wife, im british. i wanted to know will i need a utility bill in my name because i still live with parents everything is in there name, is this important or can i provide one in my parents name. Also regarding the property i read somewhere i need a land registry certificate but my parents say they dont have it maybe the mortagage company have still got it. Will it be sufficient to provide a mortgage statement as proof of ownership of the property or will i need a land registry certificate. Please advise i really want to get it right the first time to avoid all the headache afterwards. thanks soo much people..

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi,

As long as your parents provide proof of ownership and write stating they are willing to allow you and your wife to live with them there shouldn't be a problem.

Here's the link for the land registry. It costs £3 and you download the document and then print it off

http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk/

It's not entirely necessary but for the 3 quid you might as well include it...the more evidence the better...as long as it's relevant
Scorpiolady

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:02 pm

I also live at home with my parents - and we just applied 2 weeks ago. I took the supporting evidence folder to the IAS in the city where I live before I posted it to my husband, and they checked it through and wrote us a letter. We included these 3 things for our accomodation section:-

1. Land registry certificate in parents name
2. Letter from my parents stating we could stay there and how much we would contribute (£200 per month)
3. Letter from the council (housing standards) to say the house was of good standard and would not be overcrowded with an extra person.

I had originally included a utilities bill of my parents and the council tax statement but the lady at the IAS said that with the above 3 that was enough as it proved my parents owned the house, and the council letter again stated who lived in the house and was addressed at the top. Also all my bank statements, and wage slips have the same address on them.

Hope that helps