ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment details for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employment details for naturalisation application

Post by BestPie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:26 pm

Hi all,
5 years since ive been in uk and got my settled status in 2021.
Ive passed life in uk and B1 for language requirement.
For the employment details section of the application im a bit confused, it says select all that apply and im director of an ltd (accounts made up and can provide documentation), self employed (return filled few days ago, tax=0), employed by another company (main job, part-time rn due to uni), and full time student.

My confusion is what documents should i provide along with my application. I got to the section where the it asks to choose documents to provide and is only asking for self employed tax return.
Do i need to make a cover letter explaining this situation or there is a last section where its asking ‘if there is any other details id like to provide’ I could explain it there.
Do i need to provide any documents regarding my university course?

Another question i have is regarding my previous immigration applications. Do i need to include all the application? Which in my case i think are 5. First and second got refused for entry in uk, third one got approved and were filled outside uk (non-eu). Pre-settle and settled status that’s two more. Should I include the ones that got refused. Ive dates and ref no. for all applications and i think I provided biometric information as part of all the application but i don’t remember the dates.

My old expired passport which has the visa used to enter uk. Do i need to scan that as part of the application? I’m going to scan the old passport with entry and exit dates during the required period as proof of presence in uk.
Any questions? Please lmk
Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Employment details for naturalisation application

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:05 pm

BestPie wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:26 pm
Hi all,
5 years since ive been in uk and got my settled status in 2021.
Ive passed life in uk and B1 for language requirement.
For the employment details section of the application im a bit confused, it says select all that apply and im director of an ltd (accounts made up and can provide documentation), self employed (return filled few days ago, tax=0), employed by another company (main job, part-time rn due to uni), and full time student.

My confusion is what documents should i provide along with my application. I got to the section where the it asks to choose documents to provide and is only asking for self employed tax return.
Do i need to make a cover letter explaining this situation or there is a last section where its asking ‘if there is any other details id like to provide’ I could explain it there.
Do i need to provide any documents regarding my university course?

No need to provide documents about your studies. Suggest you provide details of you being a director and self employed, enclosing the tax return and SA302 for self employment, and explain in the cover letter.

Another question i have is regarding my previous immigration applications. Do i need to include all the application? Which in my case i think are 5. First and second got refused for entry in uk, third one got approved and were filled outside uk (non-eu). Pre-settle and settled status that’s two more. Should I include the ones that got refused. Ive dates and ref no. for all applications and i think I provided biometric information as part of all the application but i don’t remember the dates. Provide all details to the best of your recollection. If you look through your emails you may be able to recover dates.

My old expired passport which has the visa used to enter uk. Do i need to scan that as part of the application? I’m going to scan the old passport with entry and exit dates during the required period as proof of presence in uk. The passports that cover the qualifying period are enough.
Any questions? Please lmk
Thank you
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:56 am

Note that no employment requirements.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:48 am

Hi @contorted_svy
Thanks for getting back! Ive gone ahead and written a cover letter (first time) which i then put through GPT. Id appreciate it if you can read it and tell me if I’m missing anything or anything Ive done wrong. Thank you!!

[Your Name] [Your Address] [City, Postcode] [Email Address] [Phone Number] [Date]

Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Application for UK Citizenship

I, ————, a current citizen of ——-, am writing to formally submit my application for naturalisation to become a British citizen. I have been residing in the United Kingdom since 12th December 2018.

I am confident that I meet all the eligibility criteria outlined in the British Nationality Act 1981. Having lived in the UK for the past five years, my total absence from the country during this period amounts to only 43 days. I affirm my good character, free from any involvement in criminal activities, and I hold a deep respect for the rights and freedoms of the United Kingdom. I am dedicated to contributing positively to the nation and fully integrating into British society.

To meet the necessary requirements, I have successfully passed the Life in the UK test and have attached the relevant reference number. Additionally, I have enclosed my CEFR level B1 certificate to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.

Regarding my employment details, I currently serve as the director of —————— Ltd, a company duly registered in England and Wales since August 2021. Enclosed are the certificate of incorporation and the latest tax return for the company. As a self-employed individual, I have also attached my latest self-assessment returns for your reference.
P60?

Supporting documents for my application include:

Copies of my expired and current passports used during my stay in the UK.
Proof of residency in the UK (BRP).
English language test pass certificate.
Company's returns.
Self-assessment return.

I kindly request your careful consideration of my application for naturalisation as a British citizen. I am earnestly eager to contribute to and become an integral part of the UK, and I am committed to upholding the responsibilities associated with citizenship.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
[Your Full Name]

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:49 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:56 am
Note that no employment requirements.
??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:54 am

There is no employment requirement under the nationality law.
Employment history is often asked to check if you worked legally in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:55 am

BestPie wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:48 am
Hi @contorted_svy
Thanks for getting back! Ive gone ahead and written a cover letter (first time) which i then put through GPT. Id appreciate it if you can read it and tell me if I’m missing anything or anything Ive done wrong. Thank you!!

[Your Name] [Your Address] [City, Postcode] [Email Address] [Phone Number] [Date]

Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Application for UK Citizenship

I, ————, a current citizen of ——-, am writing to formally submit my application for naturalisation to become a British citizen. I have been residing in the United Kingdom since 12th December 2018.

I am confident that I meet all the eligibility criteria outlined in the British Nationality Act 1981. Having lived in the UK for the past five years, my total absence from the country during this period amounts to only 43 days. I affirm my good character, free from any involvement in criminal activities, and I hold a deep respect for the rights and freedoms of the United Kingdom. I am dedicated to contributing positively to the nation and fully integrating into British society. They still need to do their checks, one cannot affirm self's character and uprightness when mandatorily it is a cornerstone of the process and to be scrutinised.

To meet the necessary requirements, I have successfully passed the Life in the UK test and have attached the relevant reference number. Additionally, I have enclosed my CEFR level B1 certificate to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.

Regarding my employment details, I currently serve as the director of —————— Ltd, a company duly registered in England and Wales since August 2021. Enclosed are the certificate of incorporation and the latest tax return for the company. As a self-employed individual, I have also attached my latest self-assessment returns for your reference.
P60? No employment or income requirement needs to be met. This is part of the checks towards being upright/good character.

Supporting documents for my application include:

Copies of my expired and current passports used during my stay in the UK.
Proof of residency in the UK (BRP).
English language test pass certificate.
Company's returns.
Self-assessment return.

I kindly request your careful consideration of my application for naturalisation as a British citizen. I am earnestly eager to contribute to and become an integral part of the UK, and I am committed to upholding the responsibilities associated with citizenship.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
[Your Full Name]
Overall, it's a discretionary application which IMHO requires no cover letter.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:00 am

I can't give a professional opinion on the cover letter because I am not a solicitor. Because the form is a bit awkward when it comes to multiple employment options, make sure you explain that in the letter/further explanation box.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it!
Submitted my application and paid the massive fee and booked the appointment on 22 feb for 139£. Does home office receive my application after the biometrics or did they get it when I submitted it online? Cuz if theyve received it already i was thinking of delaying the biometrics and do them next month.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:20 am

BestPie wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am
Submitted my application and paid the massive fee and booked the appointment on 22 feb for 139£. Does home office receive my application after the biometrics or did they get it when I submitted it online? Cuz if theyve received it already i was thinking of delaying the biometrics and do them next month.
Your application is not processed until Biometrics are enrolled
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:11 am

BestPie wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am
You won't submit all the documents until you attend the biometrics appt. I waited 4 weeks for a free one when it was my time to apply. Up to you if you want to wait or not and why.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: checklist

Post by BestPie » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Hi,
Ive got my biometric appointment coming up in few days. Ive uploaded all the documents and was wondering if someone can just check that Ive not missed anything.
Documents Ive uploaded:
My current passport (mandatory)
My old passport with stamps as proof of five years.
My BRP
Two referee forms
My self employed tax return
My companys tax return and incorporation certificate
B1 CEFR English certificate
And some extra documents;
Recents payslips from both employments
My driving license
My ILR letter

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:01 pm

BestPie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm
Hi,
Ive got my biometric appointment coming up in few days. Ive uploaded all the documents and was wondering if someone can just check that Ive not missed anything.
Documents Ive uploaded:
My BRP
Two referee forms
Recents payslips from both employments not required
My driving license not required
My ILR letter Not required
Looks ok, except for the last three items - Earnings, etc is not relevant information, Driving licence???, BRP is sufficient proof for ILR
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 pm

BestPie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm
Hi,
Documents Ive uploaded:
My BRP
Two referee forms
Recents payslips from both employments
My driving license
My ILR letter
Remember to also include your most recent SA302 for self employment. The extra documents you added aren't needed.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:27 pm

SA302, is that different from self employment returns? Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 pm

SA302 is the statement of account. Your tax return is another document.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 pm

Thanks for the prompt response!!

From what i can remember ive only filed two or three self emp. returns and used accountant for that and this year i filed it myself and i can only download this year’s sa302 from the hmrc site.
How important is it that i upload that?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:49 am

Only most recent one is required.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:29 pm

BestPie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 pm
Thanks for the prompt response!!

From what i can remember ive only filed two or three self emp. returns and used accountant for that and this year i filed it myself and i can only download this year’s sa302 from the hmrc site.
How important is it that i upload that?
You are not required to upload any tax documents. Why are you manufacturing your own criteria ???

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:52 pm

Most recent Tax return and SA302 are requested for self-employed people to my knowledge.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:16 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:52 pm
Most recent Tax return and SA302 are requested for self-employed people to my knowledge.
Which guide on nationality applications says you must provide such document?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:32 pm

It appears on the checklist if the applicant selects they are self employed
Ms xxx most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment
I selected I am self employed when I applied in May 2023 and I was requested to upload these.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:30 pm

A quick question is it an issue if ive mentioned brp on my application but it is actually residence card.
Is this gonna be an issue and if so what can i do at this point. My biometrics is tomorrow morning.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:44 pm

BestPie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:30 pm
A quick question is it an issue if ive mentioned brp on my application but it is actually residence card. Says residence card on the actual card
Is this gonna be an issue and if so what can i do at this point. My biometrics is tomorrow morning.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:53 pm

I cannot change the application itself, but I can change the file name to biometric residence card instead of BRP, which is what I have uploaded. I can delete that and upload a new file with brc title and explain in the file description box?