ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled Status (Lounes Case)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ixeon659
Latvia

Settled Status (Lounes Case)

Post by Ixeon659 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:14 pm

I am a dual UK/EU citizen, my wife is a non-EU and she has pre-settled status just now. She is eligible to upgrade to settled status in the end of this year (she will have 5 years from her first entry in the UK at this time). As I understand she will need to apply for status using paper form or she can use online form now? I sent an enquiry to EUSS workers and they couldn't give me any adequate answer.
If she needs a paper form - I assume she needs to get this form well in advance? Also I think she might need to send some supporting documents (like Council tax statements etc) - does she need to send originals, will they return them?
Also a question about period of her residency - so they will check her 5 years of residency or just 3 years? What if she exceeded (185 days) her absence during one 12 months period?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Settled Status (Lounes Case)

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 pm

Ixeon659 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:14 pm

Also a question about period of her residency - so they will check her 5 years of residency or just 3 years? What if she exceeded (185 days) her absence during one 12 months period?
As far as I know EUSS residency requirement is 5 years only - for naturalisation there is a 3 year residency route available for spouses of British citizens.
Sorry can't comment on your other queries.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:31 am

Ther is no need for paper form because Lounes or not Lounes is not relevant as long as she has pre-Settled status. You can apply online.

You do not need to send any document by post either. All the paperwork (bank statements, council tax bills etc) you can scan or take pictures of and upload online.

Good luck!

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:42 pm

eubritish wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:31 am
Ther is no need for paper form because Lounes or not Lounes is not relevant as long as she has pre-Settled status. You can apply online.

You do not need to send any document by post either. All the paperwork (bank statements, council tax bills etc) you can scan or take pictures of and upload online.

Good luck!
Hi, but info on gov uk website says the following:

Who cannot use this service

You cannot use the online service to apply to the scheme if you’re applying as:
  • the family member of a British citizen who is also a citizen of an EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and they lived in the UK as a citizen of one of those countries before becoming a British citizen