ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa options for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmoore
India

Visa options for parents

Post by rmoore » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:31 pm

Hello,

As a UK citizen, what kind of visa I can apply (other than visitor visa) for my parents who are Indian citizen?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa options for parents

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:42 pm

rmoore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:31 pm
Hello,

As a UK citizen, what kind of visa I can apply (other than visitor visa) for my parents who are Indian citizen?
Your being a UK citizen does not confer any special or additional rights when it comes to visa applications for family members, on the other hand it appears to even be detrimental.

Besides visitor visa, the other is the Adult Dependent Relative visa which appears to be the hardest UK visa to get with less than 10% success.

rmoore
India

Post by rmoore » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:46 pm

thank you!

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:44 am

You should be aware that if you apply for an Adult Dependent Visa for your parents, it will close the door on future visit visas because that will indicate that they do not have strong ties to the home country. As stated above, AD visa only has a 6% chance of success.