ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form option...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

razergd1
Israel

MN1 form option...

Post by razergd1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:07 am

So recently both myself and my wife got naturalized. We have one foreign born child which we would like to register.
(And another 2 which are already citizens)

Yesterday I was looking at the guidance and got confused as for the correct option to choose.
The background is that the child was born in 2012, is living in the UK since 2014 and have ILR since 10/2022.
Should I fill the registration under discretion or child applying inline with parents?

Technically we (the parents) are not applying as we are citizens by naturalization but the guidance says to choose it even if we are are already citizens.

I assume that probably both options are ok but I don't want the application to get delayed because of choosing the wrong options...

Thank you for your insights! This forum is amazing...
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 form option...

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:32 am

Children born abroad come under discretion.
It’s a normal scenario no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.