ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest date to apply for ILR (fiancé to family)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dillonuw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Earliest date to apply for ILR (fiancé to family)

Post by dillonuw » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 pm

Good evening,

I am wondering when the earliest possible dat to apply for ILR is on the 5 year family route. I have been reading on the gov.uk site that I can apply within the 28 days before eligibility, but I am unsure what that date would be.

I first entered the UK on a fiancé visa on 1 April 2019.
Got married on 18 May 2019.
Was granted FLR(M) on 23 May 2019.
BRP expires on 31 May 2024.

Which of these dates do I use to determine the eligibility window? The sentence that throws me for a loop is:
"You cannot include time you’ve spent in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner"
...which makes me think 23 May is the correct date, but I just want to be extra sure to not rinse £3k down the drain.

Thank you in advance.

vinny

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR (fiancé to family)

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:42 pm

The start of your 5-year qualifying period was when they granted the initial FLR(M) on 23 May 2019. Safe to apply for SET(M) between 21 April 2024 and before expiry of leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR (fiancé to family)

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 am

dillonuw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 pm
Good evening,

I am wondering when the earliest possible dat to apply for ILR is on the 5 year family route. I have been reading on the gov.uk site that I can apply within the 28 days before eligibility, but I am unsure what that date would be.

I first entered the UK on a fiancé visa on 1 April 2019.
Got married on 18 May 2019.
Was granted FLR(M) on 23 May 2019.
BRP expires on 31 May 2024.

Which of these dates do I use to determine the eligibility window? The sentence that throws me for a loop is:
"You cannot include time you’ve spent in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner"
...which makes me think 23 May is the correct date Yes, but I just want to be extra sure to not rinse £3k down the drain.

Thank you in advance.