ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application after ILR - Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Naturalisation Application after ILR - Spouse

Post by shakil.saif79 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:44 pm

hi everyone,

My wife was on spouse dependent visa for 5 years and now has received ILR, Now she would like to apply for naturalisation. can she apply for naturalisation right away without waiting for another 12 months as I am a British Citizen but When we got married, I was on ILR. When she applied for entry clearance 5 years ago, then I had British Passport.

Please advise whether she can apply for naturalisation without waiting for another 12 months. Your help in this regards will greatly be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Shakil

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application after ILR - Spouse

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:31 am

Wife can apply now based on being spouse of British citizen if she satisfies all requirements.
What counts is that you were British at the time she gained ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Application after ILR - Spouse

Post by shakil.saif79 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:24 pm

Thank you very much for your reply and for comprehensive answer. Sincerely appreciate it.

Kind regards,