ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on application for British Citizenship by naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JustinO
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Mistake on application for British Citizenship by naturalisation.

Post by JustinO » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I've submitted my online British Citizenship application and paid, but not booked a biometric appointment yet.

I've realised that I've filled the details for one of my referees wrong (name and surname). I still need to get my referees to sign the referee forms.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this, since I cannot modify the application submitted?

razergd1
Israel

Re: Mistake on application for British Citizenship by naturalisation.

Post by razergd1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:55 pm

Add a cover letter with correction
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:00 pm

JustinO wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:52 pm
Hi everyone,

I've submitted my online British Citizenship application and paid, but not booked a biometric appointment yet.

I've realised that I've filled the details for one of my referees wrong (name and surname). I still need to get my referees to sign the referee forms.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this, since I cannot modify the application submitted?

Explain the mistake in a cover letter and upload it to UKVCAS when you book your biometric appt, caseworkers will look at all the documents submitted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

JustinO
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by JustinO » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:17 pm

Thank you!