ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa county not on list, where to apply?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monserrat

Schengen visa county not on list, where to apply?

Post by Monserrat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:40 am

Hello everyone

I am currently applying for a schengen visa for Spain. On their BLS website my county is not coming up on the list provided which determines which office to apply in-person from, of the 3 centers given. I fall in the middle of two counties so can i choose either. Can i just mention this is not my first time applying for a schengen visa and last time (2 years ago) i applied at manchester, after being directed according to my county on the list only this time it is not there. It does say they may not process the visa if you apply under the wrong jurisdiction. Does anyone know or perhaps have similar experience ? If so what did you do?
I have tried calling but they never answer. Also no replies to my emails so far.

I'm on a 5 year route spousal visa and am currently in my last 2.5 years. My visa expires in Nov 2025 but my BRP says valid till Dec 2024. I need to apply for a schengen visa again in November later, how would I prove my status at the time
As they require at least 3months left on the BRP?

Thank you for all the help over the years and now to everyone.

Many thanks 👍

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Schengen visa county not on list, where to apply?

Post by Angel99 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:43 am

Monserrat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:40 am
Hello everyone

I am currently applying for a schengen visa for Spain. On their BLS website my county is not coming up on the list provided which determines which office to apply in-person from, of the 3 centers given. I fall in the middle of two counties so can i choose either. Can i just mention this is not my first time applying for a schengen visa and last time (2 years ago) i applied at manchester, after being directed according to my county on the list only this time it is not there. It does say they may not process the visa if you apply under the wrong jurisdiction. Does anyone know or perhaps have similar experience ? If so what did you do?
I have tried calling but they never answer. Also no replies to my emails so far.

I'm on a 5 year route spousal visa and am currently in my last 2.5 years. My visa expires in Nov 2025 but my BRP says valid till Dec 2024. I need to apply for a schengen visa again in November later, how would I prove my status at the time
As they require at least 3months left on the BRP?

Thank you for all the help over the years and now to everyone.

Many thanks 👍
Apply for the Schengen visa at your nearest visa application centre. You don't need to disclose to them where you applied last time. It's all centralised and linked up digitally.

If your BRP will expire before your granted residency, you could register for UKIV account with your BRP or passport and get a share code or ask for your immigration status document from home office if you don't have one.

**UK has digital immigration status now and UKIV share code replaces the BRP. Print it out as your proof of residence status and to enter UK.

Your reasons to generate a sharecode should be for *Work*.

Monserrat

Re: Schengen visa county not on list, where to apply?

Post by Monserrat » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:39 am

Thanks so much for your reply.

I will update how it goes once I complete the procedure. Gosh it says up to 3-4 weeks procesing time now instead of the 15 days it used to take!! I hope it comes sooner!

Thank you again